Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Shotgun Shock Air Ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 10:46 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

I confused myself with which switch does what as I mounted them on the handle bars.

The both switches is On to the left and mom to the right.

The top switch raises the bike fairly quickly with the pum on, when switched to the left (on) and lowers it when to te right (mom)

The bottom switch switches the pump on to the right (MOM) and dumps air when left (on)...

So if I understand correctly my top switch sets firmness and the lower switchs set ride height??

Robert "Confused"

Attached Thumbnails Shotgun Shock Air Ride-img_0169.jpg   Shotgun Shock Air Ride-img_0170.jpg  
Old 07-23-2010, 11:57 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by j33ptj
I confused myself with which switch does what as I mounted them on the handle bars.

The both switches is On to the left and mom to the right.

The top switch raises the bike fairly quickly with the pum on, when switched to the left (on) and lowers it when to te right (mom)

The bottom switch switches the pump on to the right (MOM) and dumps air when left (on)...

So if I understand correctly my top switch sets firmness and the lower switchs set ride height??

Robert "Confused"
The switch that runs the compressor in the momentary position is for ride height, and the switch that runs the pump in the stationary position is for the firmness.

Does that make sense? Middle position is 'neutral'.

Up (or left on your bike)position would be 'stationary' (stays up, you have to move it to neutral).

Down (right, on your bike)position would be 'momentary' (returns to neutral on it's own).

If I'm reading your description of your switches correctly, it sounds like your top switch is for firmness, and the bottom switch for ride height.

The first time I rode mine, I lowered it with the firmness switch. The ride wasn't what I thought it would be, lol. Then I read the instructions again, and was like "DOH!"

Old 07-24-2010, 02:23 AM
j33ptj
Road Warrior

Thanks, that probably explains it.

Thanks for the help guys!!

Robert

Old 07-25-2010, 06:56 PM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

Hey guys. Just installed a set of Shotguns on my Fatboy last Tues. I gotta agree with you. What a difference in the ride.
One question....have any of you experienced a loss of air pressure over a period of a few days of not riding?
The install was pretty painless, except my lift sucks and I had to keep repositioning it so it took me 4 hrs.
JD is great to deal with and answers your e-mails quickly.....even on Sundays

Last edited by FDHOG; 07-25-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:12 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fcal124
Hey guys. Just installed a set of Shotguns on my Fatboy last Tues. I gotta agree with you. What a difference in the ride.
One question....have any of you experienced a loss of air pressure over a period of a few days of not riding?
The install was pretty painless, except my lift sucks and I had to keep repositioning it so it took me 4 hrs.
JD is great to deal with and answers your e-mails quickly.....even on Sundays
Most I've gone without riding since the install is about 3 days, and no loss. It stays right where I left it.
I'd get ahold of JD if you have any concerns. Like you said, he gets back to you right away.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:31 PM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
Most I've gone without riding since the install is about 3 days, and no loss. It stays right where I left it.
I'd get ahold of JD if you have any concerns. Like you said, he gets back to you right away.
Yeah...I think one of my kids hit the switch. I'm pumping them all the way and letting them sit overnight.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:02 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior

I think that is the only improvement I can think of, a master on/off switch!

RJ

Old 07-26-2010, 08:09 AM
americanflyer
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to thank everyone on this thread for such detailed info. I have been looking at different air suspension systems and becasue of this thread as well as one that lead me to the ShotGun Suspension system I have decided to get one from JD. I agree that he is top notch and it is awesome to contact a company where the owner responds.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 AM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Well I pumped my Shotguns up and let them sit for 2 days. No air loss at all.
Guess one of my kids couldn't keep their fingers off the bike.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:16 PM
hog4mango
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Notch Service

Hey guys, just wanted to drop a message regarding Shotgun Shock Co.
I don't want to beat a dead horse but I can't tell you how pleased I am with the ride and the customer service. Last week I installed the Shotgun Shock to my ride and it was great. I rode it for about 1-hour last week and in the garage it went. Yesterday I brought the bike out for a ride and the system would not lift bike. After messing with the unit for about 2-hours, I could not figure out what the problem was. Around 5pm, on a Friday, I placed a call into Shotgun Shock and left a message. I honestly believed that I would not hear from anyone until Monday, due to it being Friday evening. Well within 3-minutes of the message, I received a return call from the owner JD. After explaining my situation, JD asked if I could bring the bike into his shop, in Santa Ana, Ca. I subsequently made arrangements to bring the bike in today (Saturday) at 0930. JD met me at the shop and fixed the problem, which was something as simple as tightening a coupler which allows air into the system from the compressor. Anyways, where else can u find a company owner who's willing to meet on his day off to fix a problem on someone else's bike, and who stands behind his product 100%. His name is JD... I also want to mention Rudy, who works with JD at the shop. Top Notch Service and product.. SHOTGUN SHOCK..

Quick Reply: Shotgun Shock Air Ride