Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Shotgun Shock Air Ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:53 PM
stratplexi
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,003 Likes on 516 Posts
Default Shotgun Shock Air Ride

As many of you know, I put a Shotgun air ride on my Deluxe back at the end of March. As I posted during the mod thread, I had JD mod the unit for easy dropping and tranny fluid changes...which he did for NO CHARGE. He also upgraded the compressor and sent me extra pins when I broke one during the install....all at NO CHARGE. I mean the guy went out of his way and over and above to provide customer service when I needed it. Check out my mod thread for more details.

Now get this....today, out of the blue, JD sends me an email today asking how I was doing with the air ride and if it was performing for me. I mean this guy is the real deal. Not only is he busy making new units, I can hardly believe he has taken the time to follow up with me on customer satisfaction. How many other manufacturers have contacted you guys and made sure you were satisfied? I am not talking about a 3rd party survey...this guy sent an email from his business. I could not be more impressed with JD and how he has taken care of me as a customer. And I bought one of the discounted units off ebay.

This guy is the real deal. If you are considering an air ride, I could not give a higher recommendation than Shotgun. The design of the unit is amazing and so is the customer service. I just wanted to give some props where do....

Last edited by stratplexi; 06-17-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm with you on that fact, JD is the best

Old 06-17-2010, 08:28 PM
phantom rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought one of the discounted units off ebay as well. The compressor went bad after the 4th or 5th ride. I had a unit with the smaller compressor. He said the rocker is harder on the compressor, which doesn't make any sense to me. He said he would send me the larger compressor at his cost (I really didn't have a choice). I did the paypal thing......he sent it and of course it got lost in the mail...not his fault. 4 weeks after originally talking to him, I got a new compressor. I haven't got a follow up yet. It seems to work much better now and I am happy with it. If I had known there were 2 different versions of the compressor, I would of gladly paid more to make sure I got the right one. It's 50/50 now.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:41 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep i talked to the guy several times through e-mail....fast responses and an honest fellow....Not to mention his unit "Shotgun Shock" is da $hit!!! I have an older compressor style in my bike but am going to contact him this winter for a upgrade...hopefully i don't get charged to much$$$...

Old 06-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Harvey96
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am an E-bay recipiant too. Got the last one.
I followed up your advice on the upgrades Straplex. Good thinking.
I stuffed up a bit, didn't write "Deliver to rear door" on the package and it sat at JD's closest Post office. He had no problems in picking it up.

And I'm in Aust. and I want to at least pay shipping.

Customer satisfaction and praise will allways earn dividends.

Attached Thumbnails Shotgun Shock Air Ride-img_0181.jpg  
Old 06-20-2010, 06:01 AM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I just purchased my kit from JD because of these posts. I talked to him directly and I agree he is the real deal when it comes to customer service and standing behind his product

Old 06-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Buddhahead
Advanced

Yup, I'm also a supporter of JD. The place that installed my Shotgun had placed the switches upside down, due to the type and location of the switches. JD noticed this, pulled out switches which faced the correct direction and spent the next 1-2 hours rewiring my bike. When the issue of trans oil changes came up he, spent a good part of the day figuring out the best modification to facilitate trans oil changes. I have over 10,000 miles on my Shotguns with no problems.
Kudos to JD and Shotgun Shocks.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:48 AM
bikewhisperer
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for taking the time to write your positive experience. Too many people are quick to write negative but don't bother with the positive.

Anyone know if shipping to Canada is an option?

Old 06-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Buddhahead
Advanced

Originally Posted by bikewhisperer
Thanks for taking the time to write your positive experience. Too many people are quick to write negative but don't bother with the positive.

Anyone know if shipping to Canada is an option?
Give him a call at 323-359-4914, or better yet email him at SHOTGUNSHOCK@YAHOO.COM.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:08 AM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm glad that I found this thread, and happy to hear all the positive feedback about JD. I also got one of the eBay units last year, and I'm having problems with it. If I air it all the way up, it's almost completely deflated in about 10 miles. I emailed JD last night, and got a response in about 2 hrs. He said to ship the unit back to the factory for repair, and warned me not to use USPS. The downside is that my bike will be down for a while, but at least he's taking care of it!

Quick Reply: Shotgun Shock Air Ride