Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Best motorcycle air suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 10:38 AM
bigdog bigdog
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best motorcycle air suspension?

Best motorcycle air suspension for 02 fatboy. I am going old school, low real low.
What is the best?

Old 06-30-2011, 10:55 AM
TIPN8R
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Your certainly not going to get a biased opinion here for sure. Many will tell you the ShotGun is the best. As I'm sure it is a good system but not sold on it as being the best.

I am using the Platinum Bleed & Feed kit. You can slam it, raise it, change it on the fly. I've had mine installed for 2 years now with "0" issues to date!

Some here will try to convince you that hoses, solenoids, etc, will fail or leak but I've yet to see it happen.

There are a bunch of other good systems out there as well so dig in and research it to make your decision.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:37 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll get different opinions, but most likely one overwhelming favorite. Pretty much everyone, including me, loves their Shotgun Shock. I would describe it basically as the upgraded version of the Platinum Bleed & Feed. I really hate describing it that way as it probably doesn't do justice to it.

As a plus, I've never heard or read a single complaint about service after the sale with J.D. at Shotgun. Guy has gone way out of his way to help those who didn't even buy their air system through him. Not many do that these days, they just pass the buck. This guy cares about his product and those who ride on it.

And if you want to go low you can see from my sig pic how low I comfortably roll with my Shotgun.