Shotgun shock problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 12:27 AM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

nikonf8

Punctuate much?

I'm a little surprised at the lack of Drew/Dr.VTwin in this thread...

Old 07-09-2011, 12:32 AM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I was the one with a similar problem. Mods moved my thread right away to the air suspension category.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:35 AM
av8or
Road Master

Originally Posted by JY Kelly
nikonf8

Punctuate much?

I'm a little surprised at the lack of Drew/Dr.VTwin in this thread...
Chime in Drew.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:35 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Friday is my day off. Even I need a day off but here I am at 10PM Call JD at 323 359-4914 and he'll get a new improved shock shipped out to you. He'll ship the new one and you send the old one back in the same box. It will be taken care of gentlemen.
You need a big wrench to get those back bolts loose. I think it is 3/4" or 11/16". Been a while since I installed a Shotgun. Loosen the bolts with the bike on the ground, then jack it up and loosen them the rest of the way. that is how I do it at least.

Drew

Old 07-09-2011, 01:01 AM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh my shotgun has been the best mod on my scoot. For all you little boys that can't fix tour own scoots than take it and get it fixed im positive JD will stand behind his product. For all you that are just posting to provoke there are two things you can 1. Nothing and 2. Get it over it. Shheesh please post ur skills on how I can assist instead of being little whinny b*-+$&%

Old 07-09-2011, 01:08 AM
av8or
Road Master

Originally Posted by Joe What
Oh my shotgun has been the best mod on my scoot. For all you little boys that can't fix tour own scoots than take it and get it fixed im positive JD will stand behind his product. For all you that are just posting to provoke there are two things you can 1. Nothing and 2. Get it over it. Shheesh please post ur skills on how I can assist instead of being little whinny b*-+$&%
???????????? WOW!!!! I've made more than a few "drunk" posts on here, but... anybody know what the hell this is supposed to mean?

Old 07-09-2011, 01:20 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Shotgun is a great suspension, imo, and the only thing better than it is the service J.D. provides.

As far as it being a pain to remove and replace with a new unit, we're talking 4 bolts, 2 front, 2 rear. The compressor is already mounted and the wiring run, so you're only changing out the shock. I bet I could change out the shock housing in about 45 minutes using hand tools, and that includes the pita right side rear bolt.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:38 AM
J.D.1
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The shotgunshock has been in production now for over six years and our goal has always been to provide the HD rider with good performance, safty and durability. If there is a problem, its taken seriously and the customer comes first, no questions asked. Any problem is viewed as a personal short coming by me, so I try to learn from any durability problem by disasembling the unit and analyzing the problem. We have made significant gains in durability and have over a thousand shotgunshocks out there. No sales pitch here, just trying to convey that we appreciate that the customer has exercised the option to use our product, and we attempt to live up to their expectations.

Last edited by J.D.1; 07-09-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:24 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CountryDeluxe
Im kinda glad I went with the Hi-Lo now. I know the Shotgun does more and is supposed to be the superior system, but Im happy with my Hi-Lo. Kee, I hope you get it worked out, sucks having your bike out of commission.
NAH BRO, MY HI-LO LET ME DOWN TWICE ON MY WAY BACK FROM DAGO, ONCE THE AIR RELEASE BUTTON LINE BLEW OUT.BEFORE THAT THE SAME LINE CHAFFED WOULDNT HOLD ANY AIR AT ALL.

PLUS CANT RIDE THIS DIRTY WITH A HI-LO AND STILL BE COMFORTABLE.
SHOTGUN SHOCK AT ITS BEST!

Old 07-09-2011, 02:30 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plus j.d is one of those dudes that wont do you dirty.

Quick Reply: Shotgun shock problem