Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Shotgun shock problem

Old 07-09-2011, 06:28 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Love my shotgun. The adjustability is great and the install is very easy. Not to mention JD stands behind his product. What else do you want?

Old 07-09-2011, 08:23 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man, sometimes some of you need to realize stuff just happens. Sure it sucks when it happens to you, and I would be irritated too. If things never went bad, there would be no need for warranties on stuff. The good news is, from what I have seen, JD seems to really give a **** about his reputation. That's not a real common trait anymore. Fortunately for us, most of the people who still hold customer service in high reguards are supporting vendors on this board. JD, Drew, Jamie @ fulemoto, and even the Samson guy that posts here have all stepped up at one time or another. You just got to take a step back sometimes and remember, **** breaks.....

Old 07-09-2011, 10:44 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
man, sometimes some of you need to realize stuff just happens. Sure it sucks when it happens to you, and I would be irritated too. If things never went bad, there would be no need for warranties on stuff. The good news is, from what I have seen, JD seems to really give a **** about his reputation. That's not a real common trait anymore. Fortunately for us, most of the people who still hold customer service in high reguards are supporting vendors on this board. JD, Drew, Jamie @ fulemoto, and even the Samson guy that posts here have all stepped up at one time or another. You just got to take a step back sometimes and remember, **** breaks.....
Well said Brett.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:11 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I absolutely agree. I have not been sorry for my purchase of the shotgun shock. Does it suck when you're the lucky one that gets the bad unit? Yes. I will say that there is nobody better to deal with than JD. He was no questions asked, and apologetic about me having an issue. I called him late on a Friday, My replacement was shipped on Monday, arrived on Thursday, I rode to work on Friday. It took about 30 minutes to swap out.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:25 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe What
Oh my shotgun has been the best mod on my scoot. For all you little boys that can't fix tour own scoots than take it and get it fixed im positive JD will stand behind his product. For all you that are just posting to provoke there are two things you can 1. Nothing and 2. Get it over it. Shheesh please post ur skills on how I can assist instead of being little whinny b*-+$&%
Snapped 2 Craftsman swivel sockets using a 4' cheater bar. The left side is easy to break loose. But the one on the right there is less room and the socket is at a horrible angle. Going to try to use a 3/4 closed end wrench and a 3lb. hammer.

Love my Shotgun shock as well.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:17 PM
mori55
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KeeBee
Snapped 2 Craftsman swivel sockets using a 4' cheater bar. The left side is easy to break loose. But the one on the right there is less room and the socket is at a horrible angle. Going to try to use a 3/4 closed end wrench and a 3lb. hammer.

Moving the back wheel up or down helps to give you a better angle for the wrench and helps take some tension off it.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:19 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Use a jack to lift and lower the rear wheel.

Drew

Old 07-09-2011, 07:44 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Word. Like I said in Av8or's thread, there is bound to be a bad unit here and there in any product you buy. Overall the quality control that J.D. has must be pretty damn good, though, considering the overall level of satisfaction everyone has with the shock.

Add to that service after the sale, which as you said sometimes seems to be the exception to the norm. But with J.D. it seems to be the norm, to the point I've never heard anyone who had a question or complaint still have it after talking to the man. That says A LOT.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:00 PM
J.D.1
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Heat shock boss to loosen locktite

Originally Posted by KeeBee

Best wrench to break shoulder bolt loose, sears craftsmen 3/4 combination cross force wrench.The handle is twisted allowing for a larger area to hit with hammer or push with hand. I lay on the ground and push wrench with my booth. If there isnt one in your area, let me know and I will ship one with your replacment shock,will then have an excuse to go tool shopping.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:07 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by J.D.1
Best wrench to break shoulder bolt loose, sears craftsmen 3/4 combination cross force wrench.The handle is twisted allowing for a larger area to hit with hammer or push with hand. I lay on the ground and push wrench with my booth. If there isnt one in your area, let me know and I will ship one with your replacment shock,will then have an excuse to go tool shopping.
Lol. You know you're a gearhead when...........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shotgun shock problem