Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Shotgun shock problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 08:17 PM
DavTN
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J.D.1
Best wrench to break shoulder bolt loose, sears craftsmen 3/4 combination cross force wrench.The handle is twisted allowing for a larger area to hit with hammer or push with hand. I lay on the ground and push wrench with my booth. If there isnt one in your area, let me know and I will ship one with your replacment shock,will then have an excuse to go tool shopping.
Wow, now that's what I call service. Never had someone offer to provide the tools with with product. This is why you will be getting my business as soon as I can get enough cash (about half way there)!

Old 07-09-2011, 08:20 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thx JD you rock. We got a Sears store about 5 miles from me. Will pick one of those up tomorrow. Tonight just going to soak it with liquid wrench / WD40.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:30 PM
alika808
Tourer

Originally Posted by J.D.1
Best wrench to break shoulder bolt loose, sears craftsmen 3/4 combination cross force wrench.The handle is twisted allowing for a larger area to hit with hammer or push with hand. I lay on the ground and push wrench with my booth. If there isnt one in your area, let me know and I will ship one with your replacment shock,will then have an excuse to go tool shopping.

now thats customer service

Old 07-13-2011, 07:28 AM
KeeBee
Road Master

I gave up trying to get the bolt on the right side off. Did not use a torch to heat it up due to that side having the wiring that runs down the frame. Taking it to the dealer tonight not worth the frustration any longer. Can't believe I got the stock shocks off and now can't get the bolts off that I torqued to factory specs.

Replacements are on the UPS truck for delivery right now. Hope they come in before lunch so I can run home and run them up to the dealer.

Will be happy being able to ride again. Thx again JD.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:51 AM
HD-JESSE
Advanced

I had the hi low system that a few people seem to like. I thought it was a piece of crap. I don't even know how I ended up having it for so long. I have a friend that also was running hi low, we both have a shot gun shock now and love them.

What's up JD?

Old 07-18-2011, 07:51 AM
KeeBee
Road Master

Got the replacement shock on finally. Had to have the dealer do it. I cross threaded one of the bolts. They had to yank the swingarm off and re-tap the bolt hole. Just did not have the cash on hand to swing the chrome swing arm. Dealer said he would just charge me to put the wheels on and put the chrome swing arm for the price of the wheels and tires.

Thank you again J.D. and Drew!

Old 07-14-2012, 03:15 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

JD are you still doing the HDF member discount thru July? Thanks much.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:19 PM
brandon81250
Stage II
Default shotgun shock problems

this is my second shotgun shock first one leak got it replaced now i got like 1000 miles on the new one and now it not working if i ride it for a few miles and let the air out it wont go back up and compressor get loud and fast like theres a leak but if the bike site for 8hrs or so it will work like new so i tryed to ride it and just lower it with out letting the air out and it wont go down if i get this one replace and it breaks thinking on going with something new anyone have any ideas what to go with on a 08 rocker c ?

Old 05-30-2014, 12:49 PM
J.D.1
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon81250
this is my second shotgun shock first one leak got it replaced now i got like 1000 miles on the new one and now it not working if i ride it for a few miles and let the air out it wont go back up and compressor get loud and fast like theres a leak but if the bike site for 8hrs or so it will work like new so i tryed to ride it and just lower it with out letting the air out and it wont go down if i get this one replace and it breaks thinking on going with something new anyone have any ideas what to go with on a 08 rocker c ?
Give me a call, 323-359-4914
We are a company that stands behind our product, and want anyone who uses our product to be satisfied

Old 06-26-2014, 07:12 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Turns out my Shotgun is leaking. Placed a call to their shop, got an apology and a promise to get a new one out quickly with a call tag for the return. I'm not happy about the leak, but can't argue with the service.

Quick Reply: Shotgun shock problem