Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

shotgun shock... not shocks lmfao. sale question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 PM
SWiSS916
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love my SS! Always adjusting when riding and it always rides nicely. And with passenger, its an absolute MUST! congrats on the purchase

Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Jones
Well I called JD and yes he was a pleasure to speak with. Orders in and I can't wait...... actually I can its 3 degrees out and my garage isn't heated. But just to clear up my understanding of what I thought I read he did confirm that it will only be 1250 till February cause the cost of parts r going up. I thought I read there was a sale that ended on Feb 1st so I guess I did read something somewhere. Thanks for the help guys.
It's been that price since I bought mine last year (the going rate for forum members), and probably before that. But costs do go up so he can't keep it at that price forever. Great deal though and the best customer service in the industry.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 PM
deadrider
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ordered mine

Old 01-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JD's customer service is second to NONE!
When I contacted him last year about the special he said for me to bring our bike down and he would install it for free. We even BS'd while he, and his beautiful assistant, was installing the SS system and told me about the upgrades that he had done to the latest model, air compressor upgrade and some tweaking on the actuator bodies (The shock itself).
Very impressed with the whole operation.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:46 AM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's a great deal. Your going to love it. Paid $1350 for mine direct from JD, was still a great deal as the only dealer that I know of in the UK sells it for 1500 GB pounds. And JD shipped it free too..

Old 01-24-2013, 06:34 AM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I understand that Shotgun is a great product ,and has great reviews,, I have a 2004 heritage and i think it rides great,the SS make it that much better?

Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll let you know next summer when its not freezing out haha. Like I said I lowered mine and haven't rode it yet but I'm pretty sure its going to suck so I grabbed an SS before the price went up. Id say if your riding your bike at stock height and happy with it then keep it that way but for me I slammed my bike so bottoming out is a good possibility. Looks are great but fuction is king. Hooefully the SS will meet my expectations.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:21 AM
casbar
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbyjoes
I understand that Shotgun is a great product ,and has great reviews,, I have a 2004 heritage and i think it rides great,the SS make it that much better?
I have a 2007 Heritage, was ok with the stock shocks, but it was a pain to keep adjusting the pre-load for two up riding or when I was carrying camping gear. Anyway took the plunge and went for the Shotgun, fitted them after Christmas. I was really amazed at the difference in ride. I'm in the UK and the roads are really full of pot holes where I live (no money to repair them). The shocks pretty much took the worry away from having to dodge wholes etc, and I found myself being able to make quicker progress, even adjusted the rebound on the move, which was cool. So far very impressed!!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, it will make it that much better in every way, shape and form.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 3,012 Posts

I've got a dum question, so all you guys that have them can clear this up.
If the shotgun shock is still lowering the frame, moving the swingarm closer to the bumpers,
Then what keeps it from bottoming out when lowered?
My bike as pictured is lowered as far as I can, with the preload at it's firmest. If I drop her back another inch, she hits on those unavoidable road patches.

Last edited by RANGER73; 01-24-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Quick Reply: shotgun shock... not shocks lmfao. sale question.