Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cerwin Vega B4 Amp and Buzzing Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Kokes58
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cerwin Vega B4 Amp and Buzzing Noise

I installed a Cerwin Vega B4 amp Amp today and get a buzzing noise through the speakers. You can hear it even while the radio is still booting up. I have the stock HK head unit. Power is coming off the battery with 10 gauge wire and a 30 AMP fuse inline about 8" from the battery. The ground is mounted the grounding point by the steering tree. Any idea how to get rid of the buzzing noise? BTW, this amp is awesome. Thank you for the recommendation. I can't wait to get all the speakers installed.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:50 PM
zukeepr
Cruiser

Ground it to battery. Contact Ultranutz,Gannicus or one of the other regulars on this. Did you use line level outputs to hook to stock h/u? If not that may be the issue. I have the same amp and have had NO problems. And yes it does rock

Old 10-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Kokes58
Tourer

Originally Posted by zukeepr
Ground it to battery. Contact Ultranutz,Gannicus or one of the other regulars on this. Did you use line level outputs to hook to stock h/u? If not that may be the issue. I have the same amp and have had NO problems. And yes it does rock
Please excuse my ignorance, what do you mean by line level outputs?

Old 10-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Kokes58
Please excuse my ignorance, what do you mean by line level outputs?
http://www.bcae1.com/loc.htm

Old 10-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Kokes58
Tourer

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Thanks. I did not use anything like that. I went from the head unit to the amp input, the amp output to the speakers. Can you purchase one or do you have to build one? Which way is better or does it not matter?

Old 10-12-2014, 09:57 PM
zukeepr
Cruiser

Thanks Gan. I knew you could tell him better than me.
Kokes58, no ignorance on your part. I just know that most factory head units with out rca outs needs this. Hope you get it figured out. Good luck on your install. Im in the process of installing some stuff and Gannicus was great to point me in the right direction.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:59 PM
zukeepr
Cruiser

MOST best buys,local car audio shops etc should have them. I see your in NC, if your close to a Freemans Car Stero they will have them.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:55 PM
Kokes58
Tourer

I could not use the line level output as I had already cut the RCA plugs off and soldered the amp connectors directly to the appropriate wires. I did change the ground to directly to the battery today. The buzzing is slightly better but still have some. While I was in town I stopped by Best Buy and spoke with one of the mobile audio installers. He said grounding directly to the battery should eliminate the buzzing which it did not. Any other thoughts? The buzzing isn't so bad I can't live with it and once the volume is up you really can't hear it but I would like to get rid of it if possible.

zukeeper -- Where did you tap in to for the REM power? Right now I have it crashes Ming off the extra 12V plug by the headlight plug.

I am not even close to an audio guy. Any settings for the amp would also be appreciated. Thanks for all the help.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:46 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Kokes58
I could not use the line level output as I had already cut the RCA plugs off and soldered the amp connectors directly to the appropriate wires. I did change the ground to directly to the battery today. The buzzing is slightly better but still have some. While I was in town I stopped by Best Buy and spoke with one of the mobile audio installers. He said grounding directly to the battery should eliminate the buzzing which it did not. Any other thoughts? The buzzing isn't so bad I can't live with it and once the volume is up you really can't hear it but I would like to get rid of it if possible.

zukeeper -- Where did you tap in to for the REM power? Right now I have it crashes Ming off the extra 12V plug by the headlight plug.

I am not even close to an audio guy. Any settings for the amp would also be appreciated. Thanks for all the help.
Take a piece of wire and ground chassis of amp to chassis of radio.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Kokes58
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Take a piece of wire and ground chassis of amp to chassis of radio.
Thanks. I will do that tomorrow and let you know the results. I can not wait until the whole setup is done.

Quick Reply: Cerwin Vega B4 Amp and Buzzing Noise