Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed biketronic system

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:45 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Help needed biketronic system

GUYS I NEED IMMEDIATE HELP WITH MY SYSTEM AND I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

HERE'S MY SET UP:

Biketronics 7.1's fairing speakers;
Biketronics 6.5's lowers;
Biketronics BT4180 amp;
Hogtunes tweeters;
Pioneer 6x9's
Sony Headunit

Here's the problem. When I'm riding on the highway, I'll hit 80+mph and I can still hear my music loud. Then, I'll hit 90+ and the music is still so loud and clear. As a result, I'll start singing my heart out and bopping my head while riding. The cagers will pull up to me and give me the thumbs up....

And, my house is on a cul-de-sac. So, when the bike is in the garage, I can set the headunit to 30, close the garage door and walk a full street down and can still here Hendrix singing Hey Joe (my favorite song of all time)...

What's wrong with my system....

Last edited by kryingame; 10-22-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:23 AM
WRE4U
Road Master

Received 215 Likes on 125 Posts

Man, now that is funny!

Old 10-23-2014, 06:17 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Krying do you have any pics of your lowers with what grills you used? I'm on the fence about adding BT 6.5 to my lower fairings or just leaving them without any speakers.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:19 AM
Kenney
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by kryingame

HERE'S MY SET UP:

Biketronics BT4180 amp;
Hogtunes tweeters;
Pioneer 6x9's
Sony Headunit

Here's the problem. When I'm riding on the highway, I'll hit 80+mph and I can still hear my music loud. Then, I'll hit 90+ and the music is still so loud and clear. As a result, I'll start singing my heart out and bopping my head while riding. The cagers will pull up to me and give me the thumbs up....

And, my house is on a cul-de-sac. So, when the bike is in the garage, I can set the headunit to 30, close the garage door and walk a full street down and can still here Hendrix singing Hey Joe (my favorite song of all time)...

Too many drugs in your system.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:27 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

HERE'S MY SET UP:

Biketronics BT4180 amp;
Hogtunes tweeters;
Pioneer 6x9's
Sony Headunit

Besides the fact that it's perfect? I can't help you. I guess your just gonna have to live with it. . . lol

Old 10-23-2014, 07:46 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Krying do you have any pics of your lowers with what grills you used? I'm on the fence about adding BT 6.5 to my lower fairings or just leaving them without any speakers.
Here's a thread that I once posted. There are pictures of my Matzua lowers. I have about 2000 miles in those lowers and have not had 1 problem with them.
Since making the thread, I took out the Polk speakers (I hate everything made by Polk) and replaced them with the BT 6.5's.
I also added the CVO grills.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...zu-lowers.html

Last edited by kryingame; 10-23-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:00 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Here's a thread that I once posted. There are pictures of my Matzua lowers. I have about 2000 miles in those lowers and have not had 1 problem with them.
Since making the thread, I took out the Polk speakers (I hate everything made by Polk) and replaced them with the BT 6.5's.
I also added the CVO grills.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...zu-lowers.html
Thanks, that was perfect. No fitment issues with the CVO grills and the tweeter on the BT 6.5 speakers?

Old 10-23-2014, 04:27 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Thanks, that was perfect. No fitment issues with the CVO grills and the tweeter on the BT 6.5 speakers?
Nope, I didn't have any problems at all.

I will say this though. There's so much sound coming from the front of the bike that my 6x9's are drowned out. At a red light, I will always turn my volume way down. But even at a low volume, it's still really loud. I'm not joking, with the bike in the garage with the door closed, I can have the volume at the 1/2 way mark (25). I can walk down my cul-de-sac and can still hear my music blasting. Some may say that it's obnoxious (um my girlfriend, my mother, etc)...

Old 10-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Definitely what I refer to as a "quality problem." I'd say keep running it liek that. IF you need BT stuff let me know. I can probably save you a few bucks on their stuff and run it in my bike as well.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Nope, I didn't have any problems at all.

I will say this though. There's so much sound coming from the front of the bike that my 6x9's are drowned out. At a red light, I will always turn my volume way down. But even at a low volume, it's still really loud. I'm not joking, with the bike in the garage with the door closed, I can have the volume at the 1/2 way mark (25). I can walk down my cul-de-sac and can still hear my music blasting. Some may say that it's obnoxious (um my girlfriend, my mother, etc)...
What kind of power do you have going to your 6 x 9's?

Quick Reply: Help needed biketronic system