Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.5 audio test

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 12:38 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default 6.5 audio test

I am so going to get bashed for this but question is when you are setting on bike is r/h speaker on your right, reason I ask is was playing around and used the audio test function and my test ran r/h threw l/h speaker did I really wire this backwards or could it be because I have four speaker flash and radio is confused?? Thought it was cut and dry when installed but guess fairing is coming back off just to make it right on two speaker don't think there will be any sound difference. bash away

Old 10-23-2014, 01:54 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYINGBROKE
I am so going to get bashed for this but question is when you are setting on bike is r/h speaker on your right, reason I ask is was playing around and used the audio test function and my test ran r/h threw l/h speaker did I really wire this backwards or could it be because I have four speaker flash and radio is confused?? Thought it was cut and dry when installed but guess fairing is coming back off just to make it right on two speaker don't think there will be any sound difference. bash away
We don't bash around here. . . lol. Yes sir you are correct. Sitting on the bike right is right and left is left.

Old 10-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Da Shadow
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the terminolgy was driver side / passenger side..........

Sorry, just had to say it. When i was a kid i was always confused by right / left side of a car.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:28 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

turns out was hooked up correct but the dsp in radio was sending test sounds weird cause I have 8 speaker down load which makes my fader locked at 2 bars to the rear and getting feed back so sound test is all screwed up.Bye the way before new down load fader was stuck all the way to front weird thing is radio sounds much better /louder and more clear now gained 3 bars worth of more volume. So new down load must have new dsp settings tied in somehow wonder still if there is better down load for dsp and how many will think system is worse with there setup and how it will affect those with magic box