Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers to replace Infinity 62.11I

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 10:45 PM
kevinnpcb
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speakers to replace Infinity 62.11I

I just installed a RZ4-2000D amp and Infinity 62.11I speakers in my 2013 Street Glide Fairing. I am running the factory head unit and prefer not to change. I do have polyfil wrapping both speakers. These are the only speaker I have on the bike. I went with this setup based on what I read in the forums and cost. I found the 62.11's did not perform as well as I was expecting. I feel the Infinity's a too bright and lack bass. I have to run the bass flat and treble is set 1 bar above flat. If the bass is set any higher, the vocals disappear.

I listen to all types of music, so I need speakers that perform well over all frequencies. I am not looking to spend a ton of money on an audio system, but I want a good sound with good bass, well as much as possible with 6.5's. I had Kicker 6.5 subs in a car I once had and they were phenomenal, they sounded like 8's or almost 10's. I understand they were subs and not meant to reproduce mid range as well, but looking for something.

I know I said I didn't want to spend a ton but I have considered JL C5-650 components, Biketronics and J&M's. However, the wife said no.

I have searched the forum, but haven't come across this issue. I want to keep a 2 speaker system without adding a sub in the saddlebags or tour pak. I am looking for advice on what would be the best speakers for my goal - a 2 speaker system (coaxial or components) with good bass definition and great sound quality. I understand it is subjective, nut would like opinions.

Thank you,
Kevin

Old 10-25-2014, 12:22 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Best bang for the buck - Kicker KSC67

Next level - Biketronics Titan II

Upper level - Biketronics 7.1's

These three sets of speakers will give you the bass you are looking for. (For a two speaker system)

Old 10-25-2014, 09:18 AM
kevinnpcb
Intermediate

I knew you would have input as I always see you in the audio forums. I personally haven't heard any biketronics equipment and that is the reason I have been hesitant to spend that much for a set. However, if they will be my last speaker purchase, then I will consider spending that much. The Infinity's are the second set of speakers I have put in the bike so far. I guess if I would have spent the money to begin with then I would have saved money.

Old 10-25-2014, 12:46 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by kevinnpcb
I knew you would have input as I always see you in the audio forums. I personally haven't heard any biketronics equipment and that is the reason I have been hesitant to spend that much for a set. However, if they will be my last speaker purchase, then I will consider spending that much. The Infinity's are the second set of speakers I have put in the bike so far. I guess if I would have spent the money to begin with then I would have saved money.
Great thing about your set up is . . You only need to buy one set! Get the 7.1's my friend. That RZ4 with the 7.1's is awesome! No only that . . if you decide on lids later you still have plenty of power for what ever lids you choose!

Old 10-25-2014, 02:15 PM
kevinnpcb
Intermediate

Thank you for you input and all of those on the forums. I feel it help me make good choices. That is the reason I choice the RZ4 over the Rockford (always used Rockford and JL amps in my cars), for possible future use even though I don't plan on adding rear speakers. Of course that is what we all say. I am pretty impressed with the amp. Today I readjusted the gains, used a DMM this time. The gain was at 11 o'clock, now closer to 10 o'clock. I pulled the speakers as well and noticed I had the tweeters set on 3db gain. I changed that to 0db as well. I know it will not fix the lack of bass issue, but I am sure it will not sound as harsh. I will know in a few.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:07 PM
kevinnpcb
Intermediate

Switching to 0db made a huge difference. Now i am running bass and treble at 3/4. I have switched the amp to high pass as well. I hope I haven't discouraged anyone from these speakers, especially over stock. They do get load and play clear at any volume. I would highly recommend them to anyone. For me I am just a basshead and desire more.

Last edited by kevinnpcb; 10-25-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Switching to 0db made a buge difference. Now i am running bass and treble at 3/4. I have switched the amp to high pass as well. I hope I haven't discouraged anyone from these speakers, especially over stock. They do get load and play clear at any volume. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Fo me I am just a basshead and desire more.
No worries Kevin. . We love the infinity's on the forum. I have 3 sets sitting on my shelf as we speak. They will generate some bass if set up properly. Thing is at 75 mph you pretty much lose the bass and that's where the infinity's really shine. You want loud and clear at speed. That's why most guys add the Pioneer TS-D6902R's to the lids for bass. Great set up! Something to think about going forward.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 259 Likes on 168 Posts

Thank you for you input and all of those on the forums. I feel it help me make good choices. That is the reason I choice the RZ4 over the Rockford (always used Rockford and JL amps in my cars), for possible future use even though I don't plan on adding rear speakers. Of course that is what we all say. I am pretty impressed with the amp. Today I readjusted the gains, used a DMM this time. The gain was at 11 o'clock, now closer to 10 o'clock. I pulled the speakers as well and noticed I had the tweeters set on 3db gain. I changed that to 0db as well. I know it will not fix the lack of bass issue, but I am sure it will not sound as harsh. I will know in a few.
I have these speakers as well and I am really happy with them, coming from booms they are a huge improvement. I am a little confused about the comment about pulling the speakers and setting tweeter gain to 0, what does that mean?

Old 10-26-2014, 07:34 PM
kevinnpcb
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Softy 103
I have these speakers as well and I am really happy with them, coming from booms they are a huge improvement. I am a little confused about the comment about pulling the speakers and setting tweeter gain to 0, what does that mean?
On the tweeter tower is a silver button, circled in red on the photo. Pushed in is +3db and out is 0db.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 259 Likes on 168 Posts

On the tweeter tower is a silver button, circled in red on the photo. Pushed in is +3db and out is 0db.

Now I am really confused, what does this do, and how do you know which way is best?

Quick Reply: Speakers to replace Infinity 62.11I