Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pack pod speakers

Old 11-20-2014, 09:50 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Tour pack pod speakers

I am currently running the stock HU, BT 4180, BT 7.1 fairing speakers and 7.1 rear speaker pods. I don't like the way the rear BT pods squeeze on my seat (would be better with smaller seat) so I'm looking for good speaker options that I can put in my stock pods. When I find a good speaker I will be posting my 7.1 rear pods in the classifieds, PM me if interested. Any suggestions for stock rear pods??

Old 11-21-2014, 01:24 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by monster715
I am currently running the stock HU, BT 4180, BT 7.1 fairing speakers and 7.1 rear speaker pods. I don't like the way the rear BT pods squeeze on my seat (would be better with smaller seat) so I'm looking for good speaker options that I can put in my stock pods. When I find a good speaker I will be posting my 7.1 rear pods in the classifieds, PM me if interested. Any suggestions for stock rear pods??
I always suggest the Kicker KSC67 in that location. Easy install and they sound about good as any I've had in the pods and trust me I've had at least 10 sets of different speakers back there. . .lol. I just find it curious you want to get rid of the 7.1's. I'd almost be tempted to change my seat before I let those speakers go. . . lol

Old 11-21-2014, 07:50 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

no pm needed...let me know if you are selling them...or when

Old 11-21-2014, 12:26 PM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the KSC 67's and they are great speakers for the money!

Old 11-21-2014, 01:31 PM
monster715
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Gannicus
I always suggest the Kicker KSC67 in that location. Easy install and they sound about good as any I've had in the pods and trust me I've had at least 10 sets of different speakers back there. . .lol. I just find it curious you want to get rid of the 7.1's. I'd almost be tempted to change my seat before I let those speakers go. . . lol
What size are those kickers?. I don't really want to change the seat, I know what your saying, I love the sound that I get with the titans but with the stock pods back on I don't have to worry about the seat and I can take all the stock plugs that I have stuffed under the seat and hook them back up. I've thought about moving the tour pack back a little bit, I'll look at that today and see how hard that would be to do, I just don't want it to look like it's hanging way off the bike

Old 11-21-2014, 01:32 PM
monster715
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by austinslider
I have the KSC 67's and they are great speakers for the money!
Do the kickers start to distort before the titans in your fairing? I don't run my bass very high anyway but I just wonder how they sound at high volume

Old 11-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by monster715
What size are those kickers?. I don't really want to change the seat, I know what your saying, I love the sound that I get with the titans but with the stock pods back on I don't have to worry about the seat and I can take all the stock plugs that I have stuffed under the seat and hook them back up. I've thought about moving the tour pack back a little bit, I'll look at that today and see how hard that would be to do, I just don't want it to look like it's hanging way off the bike
They are 6.5 speakers. I ran 150 watts watts to them when I had them in with no distortion. . . They handled very well with the Soundstream TN4.900. They also come with more power handling in the component form. Only downside is the comps have crossovers a little bigger than the Polk MM651's. Here's a link:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...67-KSS674.html

Might want to take a look at these with the BT4180. The coaxials are awesome. I would assume the comps sound even better. Still hard to beat the 7.1's in that location.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:54 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Gannicus would you prefer the KSC67's over the Infinity 62.11i? By the way I'll be putting these in the fairing and lowers.

To the OP.....I would consider Kuryakyn's Tour Pack Relocator before I got rid of the 7.1's. It mount to your TP rack and the TP mounts to it. Can move 1" forward or 3" back on a slide bracket. I've been running one for 2yrs and it's very handy.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!

Last edited by SBates08; 11-21-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
Gannicus would you prefer the KSC67's over the Infinity 62.11i? By the way I'll be putting these in the fairing and lowers.

To the OP.....I would consider Kuryakyn's Tour Pack Relocator before I got rid of the 7.1's. It mount to your TP rack and the TP mounts to it. Can move 1" forward or 3" back on a slide bracket. I've been running one for 2yrs and it's very handy.

I love both speakers! The infinity's will be louder with more clarity due to being 2 ohm but the Kickers will have a little more bass. But make no mistake the kickers are loud as hell properly powered. Actually their motto is "Livin Loud" lol, That soundstream 520.D you have in your signature will power the kickers and the infinity's effectively.

Good looking bike by the way!

Old 11-21-2014, 07:11 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
I love both speakers! The infinity's will be louder with more clarity due to being 2 ohm but the Kickers will have a little more bass. But make no mistake the kickers are loud as hell properly powered. Actually their motto is "Livin Loud" lol, That soundstream 520.D you have in your signature will power the kickers and the infinity's effectively. Good looking bike by the way!
Thank you sir. I really want the BT 7.1's but they'll just have to wait. The JBL's I had wouldn't hold up to the pressure I put on them so it's time to get the Infinitys I wanted to begin with. Now I'll just have to figure out how to run the 2prs of the 62.11's and the Kickers in the TP off of the 520.D.
Thank for your insight Gannicus it is much appreciated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tour pack pod speakers