Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to add an amp

Old 12-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 93 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
Will the Hawg Wired bracket work or is the PBR 300x2 to big for it?

And I'm guessing the R1-HD2-9813 doesn't cut it either being that I can't find any info on someone running it.

I had the same question about the R1 setup when I started looking to upgrade. The answer was essentially, no. It sticks with 5.25 speakers and while matched to the amp that amp is not very powerful. If you're going to do the upgrade make it matter. For a few dollars more going with the setup AAWAV suggested you'll get 6.5" speakers and an amp that is a beast for a 2 channel.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:13 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Mike
I had the same question about the R1 setup when I started looking to upgrade. The answer was essentially, no. It sticks with 5.25 speakers and while matched to the amp that amp is not very powerful. If you're going to do the upgrade make it matter. For a few dollars more going with the setup AAWAV suggested you'll get 6.5" speakers and an amp that is a beast for a 2 channel.
Thanks...I figured as much. I'll piece it together..now I'll be searching for days trying to get the best deal on all the different stuff.

Still looking to see if the Hawg Wired bracket will work. Don't want to run the amp on to of the radio and burn it up or something and make things worse. Not to mention the fact I'll have to move the interface.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:58 PM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

The Hog Wired bracket will work.

Attached Thumbnails Looking to add an amp-img_3448.jpg  
Old 12-18-2014, 06:48 PM
Little Mike
Road Master
Old 12-18-2014, 07:48 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

I used these rings and they worked just fine.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009ETWO0W

2010 Limited with some stuff!!

Old 12-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Little Mike
Road Master
Old 12-18-2014, 09:34 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by just plain john
The Hog Wired bracket will work.
Thanks. That amp is huge. Not sure if I want to have to remove the cross brackets. my have to find a bracket for the top of the radio and move the interface to the side via Hawg Wired bracket.

Originally Posted by Little Mike
I would like to avoid Amazon if at all possible. They have a distribution center in TN which make me end up paying sales tax...9.5%.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:20 AM
Little Mike
Road Master

Thanks. That amp is huge. Not sure if I want to have to remove the cross brackets. my have to find a bracket for the top of the radio and move the interface to the side via Hawg Wired bracket.

I would like to avoid Amazon if at all possible. They have a distribution center in TN which make me end up paying sales tax...9.5%.
Just shop it carefully then. I understand not wanting to pay the tax via Amazon but the same amp is currently available from Crutchfield for $279.99. I don't think Amazon is going to charge anywhere near $119 in taxes.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:58 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

If you call your order in to Sonicelectronics they will normally take off 10 bucks if you ask them to, They also ship amazingly fast!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FURo7AodXUIA3Q

Old 12-19-2014, 06:52 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Believe it or not, it's relatively small and fit easily on top of the radio if there's no cb. The PA or SS amps just barely fit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking to add an amp