Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawk Wired Blown Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:59 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by HeHateMe
However they come... Mine blew!

I only have 2 speakers on my street glide. The 7.1 pro.

I am curious, does anyone have a 2 speaker street glide setup that is actually loud enough to enjoy at 75 mph? Or is my standards too high since I am coming from a 4 speaker Hawg wired road glide bike that absolutely f'ing screamed all day long.

Could it be my head unit? Even though I replaced that thing like 5 times? I have pioneer bt7700.
I have the 7.1 PROS and if I shut my other 8 speakers off I can hear them a block away. Expectations are not too high. Those are going to be the BEST speakers you can put in your fairing hands down but you need to carefully tune them to your HU. As Haze said something is wrong with your set up. When you get your new set I suggest you use a DMM to tune your system. Lucky for you those speakers have a lifetime warranty. If they were any other speakers you would be SOL.

Old 09-27-2017, 03:22 PM
rvsg09
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem with my Hawg Wired set up

Originally Posted by HeHateMe
However they come... Mine blew!

I only have 2 speakers on my street glide. The 7.1 pro.

I am curious, does anyone have a 2 speaker street glide setup that is actually loud enough to enjoy at 75 mph? Or is my standards too high since I am coming from a 4 speaker Hawg wired road glide bike that absolutely f'ing screamed all day long.

Could it be my head unit? Even though I replaced that thing like 5 times? I have pioneer bt7700.
I am expierencing the same issue with my Hawg Wired speakers in my 2016 Streetglide. I was told to flash the radio and I also installed inline filters for each speaker and I have already been through 3 sets of speakers and Hawg Wired will no longer warranty them saying that im overpowering my speakers causing them to blow. I had Hawg Wired in my 09 Streetglide and I rocked out all the time never had a problem. Now with my 2016 I keep blowing speakers. Banging my head looming for a solution.

Old 09-27-2017, 03:39 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

I you're running a Hawg Wired amp and speakers I'd hold their feet to the fire and make them send you a replacement every time one of their POS takes a dump or issue you a refund. They shouldn't be throwing you out to dry after spending that kind of cash.

Old 09-27-2017, 03:54 PM
HeHateMe
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
I you're running a Hawg Wired amp and speakers I'd hold their feet to the fire and make them send you a replacement every time one of their POS takes a dump or issue you a refund. They shouldn't be throwing you out to dry after spending that kind of cash.
Hawg Wired and Biketronics suck. Had them both and blew through several pairs. Several.

Switched to Focals upfront and JL Audio 8.8s in the bags, went with JL Amps, and its much louder, much clearer, and more importantly doesnt blow out.

Just hold a Hawg Wired or Biketronics speaker next to a Focal K2 speaker. Set aside all the BS warranty claims. paperback speaker vs. Kevlar speaker. Not even close.

Good luck man, I hope you get it figured out.