Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HogTunes Fail

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 07:37 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5,220 Likes on 2,574 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Right on top of the Radio. . . .
LOL.. I'm getting pretty damb good taking that apart... With all the hogtunes issues I think I can get my batwing, gas tank, seat, and down to the battery off in about 15 minutes...

Old 03-26-2015, 08:42 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by jamala00
LOL.. I'm getting pretty damb good taking that apart... With all the hogtunes issues I think I can get my batwing, gas tank, seat, and down to the battery off in about 15 minutes...
If you can do that in 15 minutes. The BT install will take you 30 min.

So my recommendation --- Do whatever Gannicus says!! That was easy!

Honestly though if you can swing a full BT set-up do it. Call Bill let him know you are a forum member, tell him what you are looking for and he'll take care of you down the last connector you'll need. If you want to stay close to your initial investment get the Kickers for the rear. What I'm not sure of (and Gannicus will know) is will the 6.5's drop right in, and do the Kicker or Titan II grills fit.

Best part is when you turn it on, you'll grin, smile, then laugh at the stuff you just returned.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:47 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
If you can do that in 15 minutes. The BT install will take you 30 min.

So my recommendation --- Do whatever Gannicus says!! That was easy!

Honestly though if you can swing a full BT set-up do it. Call Bill let him know you are a forum member, tell him what you are looking for and he'll take care of you down the last connector you'll need. If you want to stay close to your initial investment get the Kickers for the rear. What I'm not sure of (and Gannicus will know) is will the 6.5's drop right in, and do the Kicker or Titan II grills fit.

Best part is when you turn it on, you'll grin, smile, then laugh at the stuff you just returned.

Nice...! I will call Bill... Ya, if I can find out about the speaker size difference and if the new ones fit, if I have to buy new grills.. etc.. I am sure Bill will know that as well

Old 03-26-2015, 08:50 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

Right on top of the Radio. . . .
Gannicus... with the speaker size difference in the front and rear, do you know if there are mounting brackets and new grills needed for all 4 speakers? Haze says, your the audio man... :-)

Old 03-26-2015, 08:55 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Gannicus... with the speaker size difference in the front and rear, do you know if there are mounting brackets and new grills needed for all 4 speakers? Haze says, your the audio man... :-)
The 7.1's for the front, bring adaptors, and grills/screens. They look nice too!

Rears...mmmm, yeah Gannicus knows. (I'm sure Bill does too).

Good luck man.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:37 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

As my friend Haze stated. The 7.1's come with nice adapters. The kickers drop right in the rear pods with 4 screws. You will have to drill 4 small holes to get the screws started. easy peasy.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:35 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

Hey guys, I only received a response from a Robin from biketronics so far. I PM'ed biketronics by have not heard back from Bill..

Robin's response was this..

We recommend this kit: http://www.biketronics.com/ultimate-...mbo-with-pods/
**The 4 channel amp will permit front/rear fade and can be expanded to 8 speakers on the bike, if you want add lowers/lids.**

This would be a more cost effective solution: http://www.biketronics.com/bt2180-am...r-speaker-kit/
**Our BT2180 will run four speakers but its maxed out, so no more expansion down the road.**

All of our amp and speaker kits come with everything you need to complete your installation and are backed by our lifetime warranty

I think maybe I just need to call there to talk to Bill? I haven't got anything about a discount for forum members. I am expecting a call fro Hogtunes with my refund tomorrow. If that is the case, I want to get this stuff on order...

Old 03-29-2015, 03:43 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

Biketronics BT 2180 amp. 7.1 speakers in the fairing. Kicker KSC67 speakers in the rear pods. Done. Plug and play is over rated. It's all pretty much plug and play these days. Vendors like to use it as a selling point for newbies to bike audio.
Gannicus... Do you recommend a particular spot for getting the kicker speakers. If I order the kicker speakers, I would assume I will still need to tell biketronics that I need any wiring harnesses for the rear speakers also? These are not purchased from them right. If I only buy the amp and front speakers from them, I would assume they will only send me the things needed for the batwing?

I am sure I can call and talk to Bill tomorrow also...

Old 03-31-2015, 09:56 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

HogTunes system back to Canada now. Been talking to Robin at biketronics. I think I've made up my mind to go with this system... I know I could get away with the 2180 amp, but after some thought, if I ever do decide to add anything else, I'm good. Also I don't lose fade.

Should have my refund from HogTunes this week, then I will order the one from biketronics... Sure hope it's a complete 180 experience...

Old 04-01-2015, 06:55 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Gannicus... Do you recommend a particular spot for getting the kicker speakers. If I order the kicker speakers, I would assume I will still need to tell biketronics that I need any wiring harnesses for the rear speakers also? These are not purchased from them right. If I only buy the amp and front speakers from them, I would assume they will only send me the things needed for the batwing?

I am sure I can call and talk to Bill tomorrow also...
Get you Kickers here: Fast shipping

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20641KS...1255385&awdv=c

No need for a wiring harness for the rears. The speakers simply connect to the amp. Bill has all kinds of harnesses for different applications though. You might check with him when you call him. He's always got something to make your install easier.

Quick Reply: HogTunes Fail