Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HogTunes Fail

Old 04-18-2015, 10:42 PM
ALUCARD19
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want you could also go with the Harley CVO pods
57410-11 LH
57419-11 RH
Kutter Harley Davidson $43.00 each
Then have them painted to match your bike

Old 04-20-2015, 07:16 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5,220 Likes on 2,574 Posts

Well I did get everything isolated and separated. Made sure the antenna was plugged in 100% of the way. Went for a ride in the same place and noticed no difference. Waiting to hear back from Bill. The only other thing I can think to try is to change the ground to the battery first and see if that changes anything. If not, then remove the fuse from the amp power cable and plug the front speakers back into the radio and eliminate the amp and any power going to it, and then go for the same ride. I'm going to see if Bill suggests anything else. Weather here has taken a major turn for the worse so bike is sitting again. :-(

Old 04-20-2015, 07:17 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ALUCARD19
If you want you could also go with the Harley CVO pods
57410-11 LH
57419-11 RH
Kutter Harley Davidson $43.00 each
Then have them painted to match your bike
Cool, thanks for the suggestion. I'll check into that two once i get everything working right.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:07 AM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

Talked with Bill from BT for a while last night. I'm going to first try changing the ground to the battery instead of the triple tree. If that doesn't work, I am then going to remove the amp from the system and just run the front speakers off the radio and try again. One of the last things Bill and I talked about was he was willing to send me an aftermarket radio of my choice to replace the HK with. If that works, then he'll work with me on a purchase of that radio. If that doesn't work, he had no issue taking it back. Now all I need is the freaking weather here in WI to stop snowing and get above 40 degrees so I can go for a few rides and test these scenarios out...

Old 04-22-2015, 08:25 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by jamala00
Talked with Bill from BT for a while last night. I'm going to first try changing the ground to the battery instead of the triple tree. If that doesn't work, I am then going to remove the amp from the system and just run the front speakers off the radio and try again. One of the last things Bill and I talked about was he was willing to send me an aftermarket radio of my choice to replace the HK with. If that works, then he'll work with me on a purchase of that radio. If that doesn't work, he had no issue taking it back. Now all I need is the freaking weather here in WI to stop snowing and get above 40 degrees so I can go for a few rides and test these scenarios out...
I'll always say Bill is the man and the customer service at BT is second to none.

The ground location may help. Check out this thread...it's worked for some.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...e-with-fm.html

Old 04-22-2015, 08:45 AM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by haze324
I'll always say Bill is the man and the customer service at BT is second to none.

The ground location may help. Check out this thread...it's worked for some.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...e-with-fm.html

You are correct. Bill is the best. Not only is he awesome to work with as it relates to BT and the business, but he sat and BS'ed with me for some time about just w\e... Non related to my FM issues. Very personable guy!

I will just do this first and see if that works. I still think I most likely will get an aftermarket HU even after the FM signal issue is fixed. Oh and those lower speakers... Dang you guys are a bad influence.. :-) LOL

Old 04-26-2015, 01:49 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

Well I have an update... Sat I got a chance to move the ground to the amp, from the triple tree to the actual grounding stud where the battery grounds too. I went for the exact same ride and experience no difference in reception. I was still losing my stations just after getting out of town. (About 15 miles)...

So today I took the amp out of the system. Disconnected both the power and the remote (blue wire). I then just hooked up the front speakers back to the radio. I didn't bother with the rear because I didn't want to mess with the pins at this point. All my goal was, was to see if removing the amp from the system provided better reception. Went for the same ride, and this time was about 35 miles out and didn't lose my radio station at all. Just to double check, I went west out of town about 20 miles(where I was testing also) where I had lost my station completely before and again rode even 20 miles further and didn't lose my station.

At this point I am not sure what to do. For whatever reason the amp or something is causing the interference with my FM signal pretty dramatically. I'm going to PM Bill and see what my options are. Between my hogtunes fail and now these issues, I'm pretty bummed. :-( If 90% of my music while riding was streaming or XM or something like that, it wouldn't be as big of a deal to me, but 90% of the time I listen to my local FM stations because I like them.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:17 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Damn brother that sucks to hear. If you query the forum there's not many (if any) post of folks losing FM with a BT amp.

Curious to see what Bill says. At this point I can only think of two options. Get 2 PBR300X2; or try an aftermarket HU.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:58 PM
jamala00
Ultimate HDF Member

Damn brother that sucks to hear. If you query the forum there's not many (if any) post of folks losing FM with a BT amp.

Curious to see what Bill says. At this point I can only think of two options. Get 2 PBR300X2; or try an aftermarket HU.
I'll post back after I touch base with Bill. My guess.... based on previous conversations will be that he will send me an aftermarket HU of my choice at no cost to try. If it resolves my issue then he will discuss price. I'm just kind of bummed right now because I thought I would be up and running now with no issues and my only decisions would be if I wanted to add more speakers. I didn't think I would still be taking my bike apart and back together troubleshooting. I PM'ed him, but I know he's a busy guy, so I will most likely just talk to him tomorrow.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:06 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Yes very strange. I had two 4180's on my bike for a short time and FM came in great. I've not heard of anyone with 4180 having FM issues either.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HogTunes Fail