Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arc Audio Moto 602's & Cerwin Vega B2

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 10:43 AM
markone
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arc Audio Moto 602's & Cerwin Vega B2

Hi all,

I bought a 15 RGS back in April and looking to upgrade the fairing speakers with an amp. Been looking at the Arc Moto 602's with a Cerwin Vega B2 amp.

Anyone have input for this combo? I've read all the outstanding reviews for the speakers, not sure if the CV is a good option to power the speakers. Trying to get best possible sound with just upper fairing speakers, amp, and required wiring harnesses for a max budget of $700.

If there are opinions on other speaker/ amp combos in the budget range I'm open those as well.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:50 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

I'll let you know as soon as i hook everything up after the pac sni-35 shows up, hopefully today. I was able to get the 602's, B2, and all associated stuff (polyfill, a little dynamat, sni-35, and knuconcepts speaker wire) for around $425. I'm installing in a street glide, but should give you an idea.

I should add that i will have wait until Monday or Tuesday to get the radio flash done.

Last edited by matt76cmich; 08-29-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:15 PM
markone
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply matt! Good luck with your install, definitely looking forward to reading your review of your setup!

Old 08-29-2015, 03:29 PM
Golfinds
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribed. Waiting for feedback as well for the moto install in a rgs fairing. Need to know if any mods or adapters are required

Old 08-31-2015, 06:28 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Ok. I got everything installed over the weekend and was able to get the flash done today. Without pushing it too much i will say this: so clear, louder, and i am happy. This is my first bike with a stereo and first audio upgrade on a bike.

The install went fairly smooth. Definitely need a knuckle to get at one damn f$@/#ing bolt to get the batwing pod out lol. I took the advice of haze by going with a 3" hole in the pod. I also added polyfil, loosely, and also put some dynamat on the inner fairing.

I don't have much to compare this set up to, but for around $425 i am very happy. Looking forward to the 602's to break in and get a little more low end.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:49 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
Ok. I got everything installed over the weekend and was able to get the flash done today. Without pushing it too much i will say this: so clear, louder, and i am happy. This is my first bike with a stereo and first audio upgrade on a bike.

The install went fairly smooth. Definitely need a knuckle to get at one damn f$@/#ing bolt to get the batwing pod out lol. I took the advice of haze by going with a 3" hole in the pod. I also added polyfil, loosely, and also put some dynamat on the inner fairing.

I don't have much to compare this set up to, but for around $425 i am very happy. Looking forward to the 602's to break in and get a little more low end.
Glad you were able to get it all installed and are happy with it. 100% those speakers will sound better in a month. It's crazy how much audio for bikes is advancing in terms of quality components. Not long ago the PBR300 or Soundstream PN4.520 with Kappa's was the initial upgrade. To think you can add some awesome speakers and clear amp for 425 is great for our bikes.

Ride safe man, enjoy the tunes.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:14 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

I should add. I took the stock grills out and temporarily put the pods and speakers in their place in order to aim the tweeter at my head. The mid highs to highs are so crisp, even at 60 mph.

And I'm using the latest update, 1.19 and followed biketronics recommended flash, http://www.biketronics.com/pages/Support.html, but the dealer was unable to check yes for the amp under the options tab.

Last edited by matt76cmich; 08-31-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:37 PM
ASU-HD
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich

How did the 602s fit? I saw ARC has a version2 of the 602s that supposedly fits the Rushmore street glides but only comes in the mpak8 kit at this time. Did you have to do any major mods and will the stock grilles work or do they need to be changed out?

Old 09-01-2015, 05:49 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ASU-HD
How did the 602s fit? I saw ARC has a version2 of the 602s that supposedly fits the Rushmore street glides but only comes in the mpak8 kit at this time. Did you have to do any major mods and will the stock grilles work or do they need to be changed out?
The 602's went in with no modification. Pretty much the easiest part of the whole job.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:49 AM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Matt what bin file did you end up wi t h after flash?

Quick Reply: Arc Audio Moto 602's & Cerwin Vega B2