Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics new Line-Leveler for Rushmore Bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 08:08 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AAWAV
in a nutshell (simplified)... a line EQ or Pre-AMP EQ (DST)?
From "day 1" I was thinking about that as "a solution". without freq. response graph of the original HU output it is hard to determine the "points to adjust" though.
Not sure if the HU freq response is also depending on speed of the bike and/or bike running.
for obvious reasons I am not a fan of the Rushmores LOL
Great...now we have to tune our stereos on the dyno?! Lol!

Old 10-30-2015, 10:18 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Couple of questions.

Current system:
2015 FLHTK & Stock HU with SS PN4.520D and 4 Kappa 62.11i speakers.
Have the BT 7.1s with brackets on the way to replace the Kapps in the fairing.

Where in the system does the line leveler attach, between the HU and Amp?

And should each set of speakers have a line leveler attached?

I am currently using the stock front speaker wires connected via spade connectors to the Hi-Input on the Amp. So all stock wiring is intact. No RCA wiring involved.

I want to purchase a line leveler for the new BT 7.1s going up front and am not exactly sure which connector to choose. There are three choices on the BT Site. I think it's the first choice (Front Speaker Connector)?

Another question is, is the BT line leveler going to work with future Boom software updates?

Old 10-30-2015, 12:56 PM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi, I added answers in bold - Bill

Originally Posted by Bertk
Couple of questions.

Current system:
2015 FLHTK & Stock HU with SS PN4.520D and 4 Kappa 62.11i speakers.
Have the BT 7.1s with brackets on the way to replace the Kapps in the fairing.

Where in the system does the line leveler attach, between the HU and Amp? Yes, between the stock speaker connectors and RCA input of the amp

And should each set of speakers have a line leveler attached?
One device will do a pair of speakers.

I am currently using the stock front speaker wires connected via spade connectors to the Hi-Input on the Amp. So all stock wiring is intact. No RCA wiring involved. You would need to use the RCA input on the amp, this is always the best way to go if possible.

I want to purchase a line leveler for the new BT 7.1s going up front and am not exactly sure which connector to choose. There are three choices on the BT Site. I think it's the first choice (Front Speaker Connector)? You are correct, unless you wanted to use spade connectors, then you could get the universal part.

Another question is, is the BT line leveler going to work with future Boom software updates? It should work fine, that was one of the the goals when designing the part and why we made it adjustable.

Last edited by Biketronics Inc; 10-30-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:21 PM
tundrabuilt
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Biketronics Inc
Hi Guys,

We held off on doing this as long as we could still get an OK flash, since about 8 weeks ago that seems impossible. We wanted something that sounds good but we needed it quick so we added a 3 pole adjustable filter circuit to the SNI-35 pre-amp adapter that we like and had already been using. This gives us adjustable level (gain) and a adjustable filter. So yes, it looks like and is a heavily modified SNI-35 . At some point we will probably make a small DSP box for more control, but this part sounds pretty good so it is not a priority at this time.

We use a more precise filtering compared to the other option (three stage vs one) to try and remove only what we have to without hurting other frequencies, making it adjustable lets us give the user a range as apposed to making it non-adjustable and "safe" but taking out more than we want. Having level and frequency adjustments should make it usable for any combination of amps and speakers.

In our testing and from our initial customer feedback compared to the other option it gives you a much more dynamic and full sound, as well as making a notable difference in the control you have with your bass and treble adjustments. I noticed a big difference in the treble adjustment, with the other part it did not seem to be doing hardly anything, probably because a lot of the frequencies were missing.

Bill
Just ordered...had some questions though. I ordered a line leveler for my front setup (BT2180 and 7.1s) and one for my rear setup (PBR300x2 and 6x9 Hogtunes). How do I adjust the line leveler when I attach it to my PBR set at AP? Since there are gain adjustments on the amp too. Any recommendations? Or do the line levelers already come with a pretty good preset? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:32 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Thanks Bill. So all I should need is a pair of short RCA cable.
Do you by chance sell these?

Old 10-31-2015, 09:33 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

I was going to call BT this week to ask some questions, all answered here. (Sigh, I have to buy two of them I guess,, do these take place of the other pieces I have in my system? (The ones that look just like the line leveler?)
Or do we have to find a place to put these,, as mentioned above, HD did stuff these fairings full!

Old 11-01-2015, 02:02 PM
bigreds1963ss
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

So is this new line leveler plug and play like the magic box or are there adjustments that need to be made. I like the simplicity of the plug and play as I'm not good at fine tuning frequencies and such. Anyone care to chime in if they have this new line leveler?

Old 11-02-2015, 01:26 PM
captjac
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigreds1963ss
So is this new line leveler plug and play like the magic box or are there adjustments that need to be made. I like the simplicity of the plug and play as I'm not good at fine tuning frequencies and such. Anyone care to chime in if they have this new line leveler?
I removed my Magic Box this weekend and replaced it with the BT Line leveler. I ordered mine with the front speaker connector so it was plug and play. I had to supply a Male to Male RCA plug to connect the line leveler to the BT 2180 amp.
The line levelers sounded very good (more dynamic and full sound) with the 'factory adjustments' but they are adjustable if you desire to tweak them.

Hope that answers your questions.

JaC

Last edited by captjac; 11-02-2015 at 01:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-02-2015, 01:29 PM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Guys,

See answers below - Bill

Bertk
Thanks Bill. So all I should need is a pair of short RCA cable.
Do you by chance sell these? We do, but you can also find them pretty much anywhere, Best Buy, Walmart, anybody that sells car audio, Radio Shack.

bigreds1963ss
So is this new line leveler plug and play like the magic box or are there adjustments that need to be made. I like the simplicity of the plug and play as I'm not good at fine tuning frequencies and such. Anyone care to chime in if they have this new line leveler? It just plugs in and should be OK right out of the box but is adjustable if needed. Most people should not need to adjust it.

tundrabuilt Just ordered...had some questions though. I ordered a line leveler for my front setup (BT2180 and 7.1s) and one for my rear setup (PBR300x2 and 6x9 Hogtunes). How do I adjust the line leveler when I attach it to my PBR set at AP? Since there are gain adjustments on the amp too. Any recommendations? Or do the line levelers already come with a pretty good preset? Thanks in advance. I would probably just leave it where we set it and then adjust your gain on the PBR if needed.

Oops, missed one -

JimTJr I was going to call BT this week to ask some questions, all answered here. (Sigh, I have to buy two of them I guess,, do these take place of the other pieces I have in my system? (The ones that look just like the line leveler?) Or do we have to find a place to put these,, as mentioned above, HD did stuff these fairings full! They go in place of the SNI-35 parts if you already have our amp kit.

Last edited by Biketronics Inc; 11-02-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by bigreds1963ss
Biketronics is awesome! Kudos to Bill and his team!

The following users liked this post:
Hammerhead77 (12-11-2016)

Quick Reply: Biketronics new Line-Leveler for Rushmore Bikes?