Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to surprise husband, but I need guidance

Old 11-09-2015, 05:04 PM
kimm524
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to surprise husband, but I need guidance

Hi all,
I'm hoping for some suggestions.
Husband rides a 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Classic and wants to upgrade his sound.
He loves the J&M:
- 500 watt amp
- fairing speakers
- lower speakers
- rear speakers
- wiring harness
Basically he wants a sound that doesn't get distorted at high volume and just "plugs and plays".
For me, the J&M is way expensive and before I pull the trigger on all of the above, I'd love some feedback.
Can he still get the equipment, sound and ease of install with another system that is maybe not so costly?
I appreciate all insights!
Kim

Old 11-09-2015, 05:19 PM
madhunter60
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

J&M is not a popular choice on this forum, call Bill at Biketronics and he will hook you up with everything you need, all his equipment is life time warranty and kicks A$$, ask me how I know, the smile hasn't left my face yet, let him know you are a hdforum member and you also get a discount.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:19 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

My suggestion would be for you to call and talk to Bill at Biketronics. Make sure and tell him your an HD Forums member and discuss with him what your looking for and any concerns you may have. Bill will not try to sell you anything you don't need or don't want. Not to mention their top notch customer service and lifetime warranty. You won't find that at J&M.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 11-09-2015, 06:31 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Kim,

Welcome to the forum you came to the right place. If you husband likes what he's heard form the JM system he will be blown away by what Biketronics offers. I know that's easy for me to type, so please check out the link below so you have a frame of reference when we tell you BT blows it away. The bike Below has Biketronics 4180 Amp, BT 7P1 speakers in the fairing and BT Titan II 6.5 in the lowers and Pioneer 6X9's in the bags. So a comparable set up to 6 speakers on an ultra. 100% without question call Bill.

Enjoy the vid:

Old 11-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by kimm524
Hi all,
Husband rides a 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Classic and wants to upgrade his sound.
He loves the J&M:
- 500 watt amp
- fairing speakers
- lower speakers
- rear speakers
- wiring harness
Basically he wants a sound that doesn't get distorted at high volume and just "plugs and plays".
For me, the J&M is way expensive and before I pull the trigger on all of the above, I'd love some feedback.
Can he still get the equipment, sound and ease of install with another system that is maybe not so costly?
Kim

Look at my signature.
Best system I ever had.
I had stock, hog tunes, J&M Rokkers and amp, J&M new and improved Rokkers with amp. Nothing compares to the system I have now. Call Biketronics.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:56 PM
jbutch83
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Kim,

Speaking as someone that didn't know much about the audio stuff, I would HIGHLY recommend the biketronics stuff. I've got the the 4180 amp and so far just the 7.1 speakers, and can't believe how good it sounds. I can't wait to get the 6.5 speakers for the lowers. You won't be disappointed going that route over the jm stuff.

John

Old 11-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by kimm524
Hi all,
He loves the J&M:
- 500 watt amp
- fairing speakers
- lower speakers
- rear speakers
- wiring harness
Kim
Lol. . . He's heard JM already so that's not gonna surprise him. If you want to surprise him go Biketronics. If Biketronics is over budget we have few more surprises around here.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:34 AM
Ride my Seesaw
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,543 Likes on 726 Posts

Kim, a lot of people here are holding their tongues about JM products because he's an advertising sponsor at this site. All I will say is that a lot of the various sound systems you will find advertised will have technical specifications that are over rated and will under perform. Some manufactures will baffle you with terms like 'Peak Power Wattage' and other unscrupulous marketing terms when flogging their speakers and amplifiers. You won't find that with Biketronics stuff. If anything, they under rate their products capabilities so that their equipment exceeds their claims. Your husband will be far better served with Biketronics products, their stuff is essentially over engineered and bulletproof.
Here's a recent thread you might be interested in reading
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ales-crap.html

Last edited by Ride my Seesaw; 11-10-2015 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:15 AM
nineball
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

if you really want to surprise him be naked when he comes home from work, then hit him with the biketronics equipment

Old 11-10-2015, 02:00 PM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by nineball
if you really want to surprise him be naked when he comes home from work, then hit him with the biketronics equipment
Noice.

Last edited by duglaura&flhti; 11-10-2015 at 02:03 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Want to surprise husband, but I need guidance