Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rushmore Tour Pak Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 10:20 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by wheelman38
Do you know the coupon code for forum members to get the 10% discount @ BT?

I'm waiting for the new amp to come, in the mean time will it hurt any of my components while I run just the upgraded speakers?
Thanks
The coupon code is HDForum

The LL only comes into play when an after market Amp is installed. LL's are not needed for speaker upgrades. Because of there size, BT shipped mine out USPS Priority Mail and I had them in three days.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:00 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

I have the power and ground to the faring from the battery. What next?
I assume you have a fuse holder on the power wire at the battery.

I am not familiar with the RGU rear speaker wiring. Did you talk to Bill about that? I do know Ultra Classic models do not have a rear speaker connector in the fairing. You may want to wait until Monday to order the LL's and ask them about accessing the rear speaker wires.

You will need a remote turn-on (REM) wire to power up the Amp. Tap into the purple wire going to the cigarette lighter. I made my own by soldering together some 16ga wire with shrink and wire ends. This way I didn't have to cut the stock wire. You can always make one using just wire and connectors. Use a yellow connector on the top of the lighter and put two wires into it. One wire will go to the REM on the power input and the other to the gray plug as shown below.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:08 AM
wheelman38
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
I assume you have a fuse holder on the power wire at the battery. I am not familiar with the RGU rear speaker wiring. Did you talk to Bill about that? I do know Ultra Classic models do not have a rear speaker connector in the fairing. You may want to wait until Monday to order the LL's and ask them about accessing the rear speaker wires. You will need a remote turn-on (REM) wire to power up the Amp. Tap into the purple wire going to the cigarette lighter. I made my own by soldering together some 16ga wire with shrink and wire ends. This way I didn't have to cut the stock wire. You can always make one using just wire and connectors. Use a yellow connector on the top of the lighter and put two wires into it. One wire will go to the REM on the power input and the other to the gray plug as shown below.
Yes fused power wire installed. I will call on Monday and thanks for the guidance on the remote to the amp. How do you think the 1000d will power 4 speakers? I read somewhere that BT will have a wire breakout for the rear speakers soon. I hope it's real soon!
Thanks.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:46 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Yes fused power wire installed. I will call on Monday and thanks for the guidance on the remote to the amp. How do you think the 1000d will power 4 speakers?
140wats at 4 ohms, it should kick a$$. I haven't read anything negative about the 1000D.

I read somewhere that BT will have a wire breakout for the rear speakers soon. I hope it's real soon!
Thanks.
When I ordered the LL's online, they call me and asked if needed the breakout harness and offered to make me one up and ship it with the LL's. When you call, ask if the RGS need one and I am sure they will make you one up.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:50 AM
wheelman38
Tourer

140wats at 4 ohms, it should kick a$$. I haven't read anything negative about the 1000D.

When I ordered the LL's online, they call me and asked if needed the breakout harness and offered to make me one up and ship it with the LL's. When you call, ask if the RGS need one and I am sure they will make you one up.
I called Monday spoke to a person told me bill was on lunch , never got a call back. I d like to get this done.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:45 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

I called Monday spoke to a person told me bill was on lunch , never got a call back. I d like to get this done.
Try again, he's a pretty busy guy.
By the way, what model Alpine's did Bill suggest?

Last edited by Bertk; 12-01-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:37 AM
wheelman38
Tourer

Try again, he's a prity busy guy.
By the way, what model Alpine's did Bill suggest?
i forget, but i got Alpine SPR 60

Old 12-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Do the Alpine SPR 60 speakers fit into the 2014+ tour pack pods? And if so do they need spacers?

Old 12-01-2015, 07:29 PM
wheelman38
Tourer

Do the Alpine SPR 60 speakers fit into the 2014+ tour pack pods? And if so do they need spacers?
They dropped in with no spacers needed. I used their grills. Just waiting for communication with BT on the LL 's , and breakout harness for the rear speakers to get job finished.
1000d should be here in 2 days.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

They dropped in with no spacers needed. I used their grills. Just waiting for communication with BT on the LL 's , and breakout harness for the rear speakers to get job finished.
1000d should be here in 2 days.
Excellent. If you could post a pic of the speakers installed that would be great.

Quick Reply: Rushmore Tour Pak Speakers?