Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest mistake ya ever made, audio related that is?!!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 09:46 AM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Some of these stories make me not feel so bad about what I did thanks for all the stories guys.
Kris

Old 06-16-2016, 09:29 AM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member

Not putting fuse back in amp power lead after engine build and wondering WTH happened now??!!

Old 06-16-2016, 09:52 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Not putting fuse back in amp power lead after engine build and wondering WTH happened now??!!
Say it isn't so.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:04 AM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
Say it isn't so.

Yep, I never take that thing out, well never did before this anyways..... Thankfully n easy fix.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:38 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatsteaks
Well I'm one of the new names the regulars have seen over the last couple of months. First big mistake I made was not checking in here before I ordered the J&M 4 speaker and amp system. Luckily I did check in here before it shipped and was able to cancel it. The second biggest mistake I made was checking in here as I am going to be WAY over budget when I'm done, lol. Thanks again guys!!!
^ Ditto, except I installed the JM's BEFORE reading the audio forum. I still could kick my self in the *** for that!

I'm very happy with the sound I have now thanks to the suggestion's of the guru's here. I've gained quite a bit of useful knowledge in a short time here, that has helped me on a few different bikes already.

Thanks again!

P.S. If there is anything I can help anyone with here just let me know, I own a bodyshop and i take a lot of pride in my work, but at a fair price. I really enjoy working on bikes and like to help others. Just send me a PM.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:38 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member

Probably covers most of us, but not doing it right the first time... Follow the input from the great people here!!
Kris

Old 01-15-2017, 11:01 PM
jory434
Road Warrior
Received 474 Likes on 253 Posts

Buying a hogtunes kit before researching the forum for upgrade advice..

Seems like a common problem around here!!

Old 01-16-2017, 12:12 AM
ColoStreetGlide
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jory434
Buying a hogtunes kit before researching the forum for upgrade advice..

Seems like a common problem around here!!
Ditto on that, Hogtunes cost me 8 months of screwing around only to have to yank it all and destroy it for them!

Attached Thumbnails Biggest mistake ya ever made, audio related that is?!!?-photo631.jpg  
Old 01-16-2017, 06:47 AM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Yeah, effective January 1st my dragon is making me create a separate Quicken category in our budget titled HD Audio. I'm in deep shix!!!!!

Got all my BT stuff ordered prior to the first!!!! Whew!!!!!!!

T.
Hahaha, I feel your pain brother...

A while back agowhenthe BT LL were just being sold, for some stupid reason, I blindly live adjusted (useing my ears and music) a BT LL forgetting the whole time how sensitive the pots are and "POOF" no more tweeters.
One would think this would be the end of my ride on the dummy train but alas I did it again with the new replacement tweeters. Luckily this led into massive amounts of research and testing so it never happened again....
In the end I lucked out and I found someone that was selling an exact set of tweeters as he had blown woofers, So I sold him my woofers.

Old 01-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Jethro886
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buying a J&M Rokker system for my 2014 SG. Went through 2 amps, first one lasted under a year and second one, the fan rubs and you can hear it till you start your Bike. John at J&M said "it won't hurt anything" it started rubbing 1 month after I had them replace the 1st faulty amp. When they installed it in Sturgis, the tech put the long screws into the bottom of my fairing and cracked the paint. Just unhooked the amp and use moulded earplugs now. That was a waste of $1000 dollars. Worst customer service ever.

Quick Reply: Biggest mistake ya ever made, audio related that is?!!?