Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

biketronics bag set up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 08:26 AM
quinton82
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default biketronics bag set up?

I have 2015 RGS looking to upgrade speakers and add and amp. Does biketronics offer a lid set up for 2015 road glide? For you guys that have lid speakers where did u get your lids and did the lids give u much more sound? If it is too crazy for lids set up I will just run biketronics fairing speaker set up.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:27 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by quinton82
I have 2015 RGS looking to upgrade speakers and add and amp. Does biketronics offer a lid set up for 2015 road glide? For you guys that have lid speakers where did u get your lids and did the lids give u much more sound? If it is too crazy for lids set up I will just run biketronics fairing speaker set up.
If all the audio is stock you will get the most sound out of fairing speakers at a lot less expense. Then go with either Lids, Lowers, or both. There are a lot of options depending on what you want to do in the long run. Is FM reception a must and do you have a budget?

Old 01-25-2016, 11:26 AM
quinton82
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bertk
If all the audio is stock you will get the most sound out of fairing speakers at a lot less expense. Then go with either Lids, Lowers, or both. There are a lot of options depending on what you want to do in the long run. Is FM reception a must and do you have a budget?
Im not going to change the head unit, I should have worded it better. I going to order biketronics fairing kit( speaker and Apm, amp bracket ), looking to get an idea of how much doing lids would add.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Im not going to change the head unit, I should have worded it better. I going to order biketronics fairing kit( speaker and Apm, amp bracket ), looking to get an idea of how much doing lids would add.
I've never done lids, so maybe someone else can give you more info on that. The BT amp kit is a very good choice. If your looking for more base take a look at the Arc Audio Moto 602 speakers. And if you plan on adding more speakers in the future consider the BT4180 amp.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:16 PM
quinton82
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bertk
I've never done lids, so maybe someone else can give you more info on that. The BT amp kit is a very good choice. If your looking for more base take a look at the Arc Audio Moto 602 speakers. And if you plan on adding more speakers in the future consider the BT4180 amp.
Yea I think Im going to just do the fairing now with the 4 channel amp so if i want lid speakers later I will already have the amp. I have some polk mm650's and pbr 300x2 amp in my garage from my last bike (2007 SG). Do y'all think biketronics setup would be a up grade from that, it sounded pretty good once i got an aftermarket deck.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Yea I think Im going to just do the fairing now with the 4 channel amp so if i want lid speakers later I will already have the amp. I have some polk mm650's and pbr 300x2 amp in my garage from my last bike (2007 SG). Do y'all think biketronics setup would be a up grade from that, it sounded pretty good once i got an aftermarket deck.
The BT amps are far superior to the 300x2. They are a much cleaner and more powerful amp.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:36 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

I have CVO lids on my bags, with the BT 5x7 speakers. I got my lids from HD painted to match already. Worked the deal when I bought the bike. With aftermarket speakers, you'll need the grills, (They come with the HD speakers,, go figure) When I picked my lids up, I opened them to inspect, and noted,, Damn, no grills? I REALLY figured they would come with the LIDS not the speakers,,, He sold me the grills for less than retail, something like 35.00 for both.

You will be able to hear them going down the road alone, I do,, although the majority of your music will come from the fairing, I put mine on mainly for my wife's benefit,, which didn't work, with her on we can't hear them well at all, (Her legs block the music,, didn't think of that)

When I do get a tour pack with a QD rack, I'll put speakers on it, and unplug the lids under my seat, plug in the tour pack speakers for the wife...

Last edited by JimTJr; 01-25-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Djcamis
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm going with the RG kit biketronics offers and using the 4180 with Titan IIs in the lowers. Lids maybe down the road, will have it installed Saturday!

Old 01-25-2016, 05:56 PM
quinton82
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JimTJr
I have CVO lids on my bags, with the BT 5x7 speakers. I got my lids from HD painted to match already. Worked the deal when I bought the bike. With aftermarket speakers, you'll need the grills, (They come with the HD speakers,, go figure) When I picked my lids up, I opened them to inspect, and noted,, Damn, no grills? I REALLY figured they would come with the LIDS not the speakers,,, He sold me the grills for less than retail, something like 35.00 for both.

You will be able to hear them going down the road alone, I do,, although the majority of your music will come from the fairing, I put mine on mainly for my wife's benefit,, which didn't work, with her on we can't hear them well at all, (Her legs block the music,, didn't think of that)

When I do get a tour pack with a QD rack, I'll put speakers on it, and unplug the lids under my seat, plug in the tour pack speakers for the wife...
I didn't think about the wife's leg covering them hahhaha thanks for the info

Old 01-25-2016, 06:34 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Like I said, NO regrets on putting them in,, i intended them for the wife, but I hear them nicely going down the road and in town... if I fade just a smidge to the aft,,

Quick Reply: biketronics bag set up?