Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SiriusXM Radio with Bluetooth? Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 12:23 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts
Default SiriusXM Radio with Bluetooth? Recommendations?

Well, it's that time again. Time to call Sirius and threaten to quit unless I get a reasonable rate . . . a process that unnecessarily consumes about an hour of my life twice a year or so.

I have SiriusXM on my Goldwing, my Jeep, the Wife's car, and I'd like to get it on my Harley. The challenge is that, this comes to four Sirius subscriptions . . . the way Sirius works things, even though between my wife and I, we can't possibly listen to more than two at one time. Also the best price I can get on the Harley SiriusXM Reciever Module for my 2015 Ultra Limited is ~$300.00. A clean installation . . . but damned pricey to say the least.

So-o-o-o-o my thought is to buy a portable SiriusXM Radio and get just two subscriptions. One for the wife's car and one for my portable SiriusXM radio. I can use my portable SiriusXM radio in whichever bike or the Jeep that I'm using at the moment.

What I'd like is to find a portable SiriusXM Radio that can be Bluetooth paired with the Jeep and the Harley. I'd like to avoid (or at least minimize) the multiple step set-up that having Bluetooth avoids (as opposed to the usual FM Broadcast thing) every time I switch vehicles. The Garmin Zumo 665LM would work in the Jeep or on the Harley, but I don't really need/want another GPS. It seems like every portable SiriusXM radio that I research only comes with FM Broadcasting and no Bluetooth capability.

Your Thoughts? Experience?

Old 05-30-2016, 06:51 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm not sure how the new Harley radios work but I thought they were Bluetooth?

I have the All Access subscription to XM on both my car and truck, that includes free streaming to your phone. So I connect my iphone via Bluetooth to my sony radio on my bike and listen to XM that way.

Just wondering if you already have XM in your car and have a bike with Bluetooth if you could just down load the app and listen on your bike via your phone?

Old 05-30-2016, 07:45 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 601 Likes on 324 Posts

I have 2 of the Zumo 550 and they work very well ..

Old 05-30-2016, 07:54 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 601 Likes on 324 Posts

I have 2 of the Zumo 550 and they work very well ..

Old 05-30-2016, 09:58 AM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

Why are you stuck on XM? Try slacker radio Bluetooth from your smartphone and forgot about XM!!!! Problem solved

Old 05-30-2016, 10:14 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,176 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
I'm not sure how the new Harley radios work but I thought they were Bluetooth?

I have the All Access subscription to XM on both my car and truck, that includes free streaming to your phone. So I connect my iphone via Bluetooth to my sony radio on my bike and listen to XM that way.

Just wondering if you already have XM in your car and have a bike with Bluetooth if you could just down load the app and listen on your bike via your phone?
This is what I do, works fine. Only issue with my setup is I leave the phone in the trunk so I have to choose a channel in advance. If it was mounted on the bars that wouldn't be an issue.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 05-30-2016, 12:29 PM
HOGNOT
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A few weeks ago I spent 50 or 60 bucks for the bits and pieces needed to use my portable Sirius radio I use in my car for back and forth transfer with my bike. I've mounted the 4" high antenna on the trunk's luggage rack, the radio plug-in cradle in the trunk and ran the audio out cord under the seat, alongside the tank console and into the radios AUX-in jack. Works fantastic. I use helmet speakers and 7 pin cord between the bike console and my helmet.

However, just yesterday I got to thinking about trading my Ultra for a new Indian RoadMaster and was wondering how I could transfer this setup to the Indian. That got me thinking about Bluetooth. I did a search and there is a Bluetooth gizmo that you plug into the audio out jack on your Sirius radio. Do a search for Sirius radio Bluetooth and you should find it. Don't remember if it was on Amazon or where. It was marked down from $30.00 to 25 bucks as I recall. If I go this route then I'll need to get blue tooth helmet speakers. It never ends, does it?

Found the address: http://store.xmfanstore.com/stereo-b...d=152339003804

Last edited by HOGNOT; 05-30-2016 at 12:38 PM.