Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Audio stage II on softail ? anyone has one ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 09:50 AM
lucksin
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boom Audio stage II on softail ? anyone has one ?

Hi,

i have been working with an HD mech trying to install Stage II boom audio on my 2016 fatboy. Till now i have installed lower fairing on touring crash guard and have fabricated a plate to be attached to swing arm bag secured with bolts to install the amp. since the AMP is shock and waterproof should be able to take on the hits.

the major roadblock right now is powering the amp, we have to use another amp, one from the handlebar boom audio which provides input to screamin eagle amp and then amp further powers the 6.5" speakers on the lower fairing.

its been 2 days now that we have been trying to power the amp but have been unsuccessful. the same setup worked on 2013 RK but it already had all the wire harness needed.

has anyone successfully tried installing the same ? any help would be highly appreciated.

(since bike is new and in warranty and only screamin eagle is available where i live and hence it is the only option i have .I done like the mickey mouse speakers on handlebar. seems to be a waste so its not an option.)

Old 06-18-2016, 12:09 PM
lucksin
Intermediate

here' s a little update,

the good news is the Amp is now powering on, however we are not stuck with input and output. its not getting clear as to why there is no sound coming out, is it the output not working or is it the Input not being recognized.

the speakers works with the boom windshield amp directly but when the same output is linked to the bigger amp nothing works. seems like another dead end.

would really appreciate if anyone can help with this.

some pic from today's work :

amp being rewired

testing of speakers

Old 06-21-2016, 04:20 AM
lucksin
Intermediate

so i believe the only hurdle right now remain is providing the Input to the amp. does anyone know if i can provide or modify the input plug to accept the signal through any different source ?

any insight would be appriciated.