Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to balance things out

Old 06-28-2016, 11:38 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Looking to balance things out

I have been noticing the 602's in my fairing get muddy when listening to hard rock from the bass they produce. I am looking to replace them with something to help balance out the sound from the rear of the moto 692's in the lids. I still plan on using the RF TM400x2AD for the fairing and I am starting to see where my lack of knowledge is holding me back on making a decision. What should I bee looking for in a speaker to compliment the RF amp and balance out the 692's?

I am really thinking of going to a component set in the fairing, but with the Rushmore batwing I would have to set the tweeter in the grills (mirrors are staying where they are at)

I have been talking with LL247 a little on this and thought if those more knowledgeable can throw out some pointers on what to look for it could help us all.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:43 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
I have been noticing the 602's in my fairing get muddy when listening to hard rock from the bass they produce. I am looking to replace them with something to help balance out the sound from the rear of the moto 692's in the lids. I still plan on using the RF TM400x2AD for the fairing and I am starting to see where my lack of knowledge is holding me back on making a decision. What should I bee looking for in a speaker to compliment the RF amp and balance out the 692's?

I am really thinking of going to a component set in the fairing, but with the Rushmore batwing I would have to set the tweeter in the grills (mirrors are staying where they are at)

I have been talking with LL247 a little on this and thought if those more knowledgeable can throw out some pointers on what to look for it could help us all.
Tweeter in grill works fine. Bert out some Focals in his Rushmore with tweets in grill. I have 2 sets of grills with tweets (non Rushmore). Rushmore seems to have tad more fairing room for xovers and such. Some Focals would balance well if you have the coin and not sure how the arc components sound if you want to stay arc. Could also try the mpk165.3

Old 06-28-2016, 11:58 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Looking to balance things out

Not partial to Arc, I'll probably end up putting the 602's in some tour pac pods or lowers down the road.

I listen to heavier music 90% of the time when riding solo, so looking for something that'll shine with that kind of music, but not too bright if that makes sense.

Also looking to see if tweeter or cone material make a big difference in sound

As far as "budget", I'd like to stay around $250-350 with a little room to play. Selling some mufflers to help out some lol.

Last edited by matt76cmich; 06-29-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:22 AM
09baggerdude
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a set of BT7.1 pros in my fairing and I listen to a similar style of music. I love them! But I may be trying something new this weekend. If I like them, I maybe getting rid of the pros...we will see!

Old 06-29-2016, 01:01 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
Not partial to Arc, I'll probably end up putting the 602's in some tour pac pods or lowers down the road.

I listen to heavier music 90% of the time when riding solo, so looking for something that'll shine with that kind of music, but not too bright if that makes sense.

Also looking to see if tweeter or come material make a big difference in sound

As far as "budget", I'd like to stay around $250-350 with a little room to play. Selling some mufflers to help out some lol.
It just really depends on your desire from here. I am mainly metal, heavy rock, alternative. Mostly Metal. Just got home from work and rode in and back. On way home I was listening to some FFDP and @ 80 I was still getting a lot of the drums coming through with a solid punch. My speakers are not bright but have a good crisp tweet without being harsh. With that said you would really have to bump that budget up and MAY and I say May get by with a upper end Hertz set like I have. But I only say that as they are versatile while loving rock and metal type music. I can play any genre but I love my sound with the heavy stuff. My point is do you want to retain a tight midbass and still have clarity or have a little less mid and more dynamic sound. Not that mine are not but a Focal for example would have a little more pronounced vocals and less punch and maybe slight brightness on the tweet.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:51 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by slyedog
It just really depends on your desire from here. I am mainly metal, heavy rock, alternative. Mostly Metal. Just got home from work and rode in and back. On way home I was listening to some FFDP and @ 80 I was still getting a lot of the drums coming through with a solid punch. My speakers are not bright but have a good crisp tweet without being harsh. With that said you would really have to bump that budget up and MAY and I say May get by with a upper end Hertz set like I have. But I only say that as they are versatile while loving rock and metal type music. I can play any genre but I love my sound with the heavy stuff. My point is do you want to retain a tight midbass and still have clarity or have a little less mid and more dynamic sound. Not that mine are not but a Focal for example would have a little more pronounced vocals and less punch and maybe slight brightness on the tweet.
I hear ya on the budget, still gotta save some money for diapers lol. Only worry I'd have going with the component set like you have is running into the same power issue you did and having to go with a different amp. I should probably just be happy with what I have lol, just the musician in me looking for more.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:45 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Put components in the fairing with the tweeter in the grill. U won't regret it.

Bert can provide info on how to best bore the tweet hole in the grill.

T.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:23 AM
azlou66
Road Captain

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Brother I listen to the same type music, Pantera is my favorite. I have BT 7.1'S in my fairing powered by a CV B52 and they rock hard. I changed amps from SS PN4.1000D to the CV and the difference was significant (sorry Gann) to my ears the CV sounds much better with my speakers.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:27 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by azlou66
Brother I listen to the same type music, Pantera is my favorite. I have BT 7.1'S in my fairing powered by a CV B52 and they rock hard. I changed amps from SS PN4.1000D to the CV and the difference was significant (sorry Gann) to my ears the CV sounds much better with my speakers.
I regret never seeing Pantera live, definitely one of my top bands.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:02 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Edit -----

As Haze pointed out, I answered my own question after reading on another thread where matt76 said....

Been thinking about trying to fit both the TM400x2 and the B54 or B52 in the batwing to get an amp out of the bags.

Last edited by Baeseman1; 06-29-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking to balance things out