Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"HELP" with install

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 05:24 PM
badazzpred
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default "HELP" with install

My buddy has an 08' roadglide he wants to keep his stock HU install a set of Infinity kappas in the fairing and a Rockford Fosgate PBR 300X2 amp.
so basically keeping it a 2 channel system but a set of new speakers and amp.

My question is what is the best way to wire the amp in and where should we set all the settings on the amp like the (gain) (freq) (lp,ap,hp) high low adjust 4V-6V? Also besides the obvious wiring and inline fuse needed is there anything else we may need?

Thanks In Advance

Old 06-30-2016, 07:49 PM
badazzpred
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Can anyone chime in please as we would like to do the install this weekend

Thanks

Old 06-30-2016, 08:51 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

I have some experience with those amps, I'll help best I can.

For setting gains read this thread https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...-with-dmm.html

Freq, best guess 50k - 70k play with the setting for the best sound (does not matter on AP setting)

Normally for that size speaker run HP (high pass) although you can try AP(all Pass) (Freq will not affect sound on AP setting). Test for best sound

Use high level inputs for the PBR, it tends to sound better than low level inputs. (Most amps prefer the low level) If you like to experiment you can try the low level input to see what you prefer.

This amp will turn itself on, when it detects a signal from the radio. The 4-6v adjustment allows you to increase or decrease the amount of turn-on voltage it requires. To my knowledge middle should be fine, although others may know more.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Ndfastln
I have some experience with those amps, I'll help best I can.

For setting gains read this thread https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...-with-dmm.html

Freq, best guess 50k - 70k play with the setting for the best sound (does not matter on AP setting)

Normally for that size speaker run HP (high pass) although you can try AP(all Pass) (Freq will not affect sound on AP setting). Test for best sound

Use high level inputs for the PBR, it tends to sound better than low level inputs. (Most amps prefer the low level) If you like to experiment you can try the low level input to see what you prefer.

This amp will turn itself on, when it detects a signal from the radio. The 4-6v adjustment allows you to increase or decrease the amount of turn-on voltage it requires. To my knowledge middle should be fine, although others may know more.
Ndf pretty much nailed it. As he said that amp works better with HL inputs on the stock radio. Run on AP and keep the gain no more than 6. With the 08 the amp may or may not turn itself on. I've installed some that turned on right away and others that wouldn't turn on at all. If you run into that problem just run a remote wire to the orange and white wire on the headlight.