Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will aftermarket speakers work with harey boom amp?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 09:48 AM
ubreal
Road Master
Received 184 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Will aftermarket speakers work with harey boom amp?

I have the Harley boom amp and Harley boom 6.5 speakers. The left side speaker is blown and I would like to replace it with some aftermarket speakers. I would like to go to the audio store and get some nice marine speakers like Polk or infinity speakers, I have two concerns will the aftermarket speakers work with the Harley amp and will they fit in my speaker pod and faring.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by ubreal
I have the Harley boom amp and Harley boom 6.5 speakers. The left side speaker is blown and I would like to replace it with some aftermarket speakers. I would like to go to the audio store and get some nice marine speakers like Polk or infinity speakers, I have two concerns will the aftermarket speakers work with the Harley amp and will they fit in my speaker pod and faring.
The Polks or Infinity's will work. But i would suggest swapping the boom amp out ASAP.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:03 AM
Star Commtrey
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
The Polks or Infinity's will work. But i would suggest swapping the boom amp out ASAP.
Why swao the boom amp out?

Old 08-26-2016, 11:19 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Star Commtrey
You can never pin Harley down on the specs for the boom amp and me or any of my forum buddies have ever had it on the bench to my knowledge so we don't really know what the true specs are. We know what's advertised but that's about it. Given the advertised specs and the benefit of the doubt the BOOM amp is not a very powerful amp. Especially with aftermarket speakers rated at 100 RMS. Not enough juice.

As I stated it will work but I would highly suggest a more powerful amp if the op goes with aftermarket speakers.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:41 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Star Commtrey
Some of these Boom amp/speaker kits use a four channel amp to power two speakers. One channel for the tweeter and the other for the woofer for each speaker. If this is the case how would you wire it, I don't know. Then comes question on what flash do you use. To many What If's when mixing aftermarket parts with the Boom parts IMO.

The following users liked this post:
Gannicus (08-26-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 02:08 AM
ubreal
Road Master

I end up getting a pair of Hertz ecx 165.5 they fit perfect. I just hope they will last. Rockford fosgate has a good system for a grand you get the amp, speakers and all the brackets and plug and play wiring.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:52 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I end up getting a pair of Hertz ecx 165.5 they fit perfect. I just hope they will last. Rockford fosgate has a good system for a grand you get the amp, speakers and all the brackets and plug and play wiring.
What is this good Rockford Fosgate system u speak of for $1000?

T

Old 08-27-2016, 06:10 AM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts

Just to repeat the repeated comments, yes it will work BUT the better suggestion would be replace the amp. Try it, buy a pair of Polks or Infinity speakers and hook it up. If you can adjust the bass/treble out enough to hear it at 70 mph (and most importantly YOU like it) then you have a winner!!
Now if you do all of this and it sounds like scrambled crap, then you have found a new home here.
There's always options on anyone's "realistic" budget.

Old 08-27-2016, 06:11 AM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts

Really??
Waiting for the revelation......

Old 08-29-2016, 02:50 AM
ubreal
Road Master

If you go to the rockford fosgate web site, and look around you will find it. To rich for my blood I have the Harley amp and had the 6.5 Harley up grade speakers until one blew out. I have been told that the rockford fosgate system is very good. when I look at there speakers at the audio store they were very sold and of good quality.