Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first system. Biketronics. Need more bass.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 08:41 AM
Big trucker
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default My first system. Biketronics. Need more bass.

I installed a boom audio stage 2 system a few weeks ago and scrapped it. Yesterday I installed a biketronics 4 channel amp and their 6.5" Titan 2 speakers, much better. It is in a 2015 road glide. The system is so loud it can hurt my ears even rolling down the freeway. However I feel it's still leaving something to be desired when it comes to bass. Is this where saddlebag speakers come in? I want more thump! Also being a newby I see that on the line leveler you can make some adjustments. I didn't touch them though I just left them how they came. Do I need to adjust the gain? Not even fully sure what gain is.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:23 AM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

=================================

Big,

You might just want to call Biketronics and ask for Mike.

Also - if the sound is narrow (not full) have you tried to perform a reset?

Regards,

-MM

Old 08-31-2016, 10:41 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Big trucker
I installed a boom audio stage 2 system a few weeks ago and scrapped it. Yesterday I installed a biketronics 4 channel amp and their 6.5" Titan 2 speakers, much better. It is in a 2015 road glide. The system is so loud it can hurt my ears even rolling down the freeway. However I feel it's still leaving something to be desired when it comes to bass. Is this where saddlebag speakers come in? I want more thump! Also being a newby I see that on the line leveler you can make some adjustments. I didn't touch them though I just left them how they came. Do I need to adjust the gain? Not even fully sure what gain is.
What software version is installed? I would not suggest messing with the LL until talking to Mike at BT first.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:43 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 126 Posts

Hey Big, I can tell you from experience that you won't be able to get much bass out of anything. I'm not an installer, but I AM a professional listener! I've had several different systems, trying to do exactly what you're looking for. I've had things from Hogtunes to that Titan II upgrade, and now JL Audio speakers & amp. I once even had a WoofPak subwoofer in the tourpak. (Look up WoofPak at the Hell's Foundry website.) It was great, but it was for showing, not going. Once I got over 45 or 50, I couldn't even feel the thump anymore. Those Titan II speakers are good ones. If I didn't have JL Audio stuff now, and had to do it again, I'd go back to Titan II with a good amp. Save yourself a lot of money by not trying to get thumpin' bass out of anything. It won't happen. I learned the hard way --- I mean, the expensive way!

The following users liked this post:
scumBAGGER (09-01-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

One mistake everyone makes is setting the expectations too high for fairing speakers. Not gonna get much bass if any out of the fairing speakers. Nor do you want bass out of your fairing speakers. As we have said many times the overall sound is going to come from a combination of speakers on the bike. Now I'm not saying you can't get decent sound from a 2 or 4 speaker set up. But it's gonna always leave you wanting more. In your case it's more bass.

Your bass is gonna come from your bass speakers. The midrange is gonna come from the midrange speakers and the tweeters/Horns are gonna cover the highs. Once everyone understands this concept. A really nice sounding system can be put together. This way all areas of sound are covered. One or two sets of coaxial speakers is not gonna get it done no matter the cost of the speakers. I can tell you from experience it's gonna take at least 6 coaxial speakers to get the sound you're looking for and a set of those speakers needs to be 6x9's or 8's.

Last edited by Gannicus; 08-31-2016 at 01:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
lcaporaso (12-13-2022)
Old 08-31-2016, 05:36 PM
Big trucker
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Geezr and gannicus. Those were the exact answers I was looking for. Having never heard a motorcycle system I'm person I wasn't sure if my expectations were too high. This biketronics system sounds fantastic. Loud and clear. I'll put on some saddlebag speaker lids with some 6x9 and ride the crap out of it. So suggestions now for 6x9 to go with my titans 2 and biketronics amp

Old 08-31-2016, 05:51 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

There are Marine tower speakers I've looked at. Very nice 8" round that can clamp on the engine guard. From "Wetsounds" or something like that. I looked until I saw the price about $800.00 a pair. But i'm sure they will make some bass you can hear in the wind if water skiers can hear them behind a fast boat.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:06 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Geezr and gannicus. Those were the exact answers I was looking for. Having never heard a motorcycle system I'm person I wasn't sure if my expectations were too high. This biketronics system sounds fantastic. Loud and clear. I'll put on some saddlebag speaker lids with some 6x9 and ride the crap out of it. So suggestions now for 6x9 to go with my titans 2 and biketronics amp
The Pioneer 6900 Pro 6x9 speakers are awesome! Normally I would say they are awesome for the price but these speakers are just flat out awesome! My friend Tailwind discovered these speakers a couple months ago and all the credit goes to him but I've had all the $400-500 dollar 6x9's and these relatively unknown speakers sound as good as any of em!

Better IMO! Get a set! You won't be disappointed!

Old 09-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Sturgis67
Road Master
Received 117 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
The Pioneer 6900 Pro 6x9 speakers are awesome! Normally I would say they are awesome for the price but these speakers are just flat out awesome! My friend Tailwind discovered these speakers a couple months ago and all the credit goes to him but I've had all the $400-500 dollar 6x9's and these relatively unknown speakers sound as good as any of em!

Better IMO! Get a set! You won't be disappointed!
Yeah but those god awful grills and fully erect tweeters. How are they supposed to fit anywhere???

Old 09-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sturgis67
Yeah but those god awful grills and fully erect tweeters. How are they supposed to fit anywhere???
LMAO!! Yeah they are ugly! But they fit the lids perfectly like they were made for the lids and the sound is phenomenal!!

Quick Reply: My first system. Biketronics. Need more bass.