Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Map Update

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 12:02 PM
Brovig
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Map Update

I downloaded the new software for the Boom box infotainment system, maps does not appear to have been updated since Q2 -2014??? Is this true? Are they selling new bikes with outdated maps? Have I been missing something?

Old 09-25-2016, 12:13 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Brovig
I downloaded the new software for the Boom box infotainment system, maps does not appear to have been updated since Q2 -2014??? Is this true? Are they selling new bikes with outdated maps? Have I been missing something?
The software update does not update the GPS maps. That cost extra and you get a map that's a year old. HD hasn't taken the the Infortainment / Nav system very serious at all.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:55 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
The software update does not update the GPS maps. That cost extra and you get a map that's a year old. HD hasn't taken the the Infortainment / Nav system very serious at all.
im cuious, how many people truly use,rely on that crappy nav system hd sells? couple buddies have it on their bikes, and we use road atlas to find the backroads

Old 09-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Brovig
Stage II

Yep - this is a crappy system. Found out that you have to purchase an update for the 'small' amount of $150 through Naviextra...another scam if you ask me. But hey; I'm not surprised. :-)

Old 09-25-2016, 03:44 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by yooperhog
im cuious, how many people truly use,rely on that crappy nav system hd sells? couple buddies have it on their bikes, and we use road atlas to find the backroads
There's a lot more talk on this in the Rushmore forum. It seams to me the folks that like the Nav the most are the ones using a Ride Planer.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:26 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

There's a lot more talk on this in the Rushmore forum. It seams to me the folks that like the Nav the most are the ones using a Ride Planer.
What's a ride planer? I should probably know but it escapes me

Old 09-26-2016, 11:57 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fatherwayne
What's a ride planer? I should probably know but it escapes me
The HD Ride Planner allows you to create a route on a map using a beginning and an end with way-points in between then import it into the GPS/Nav. Here's a good
tutorial. If you do a search on the Rushmore forum you will find a lot of information on Ride Planer. This thread has an alternative to the HD Ride Planer.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:32 AM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The HD Ride Planner allows you to create a route on a map using a beginning and an end with way-points in between then import it into the GPS/Nav. Here's a good video tutorial. If you do a search on the Rushmore forum you will find a lot of information on Ride Planer. This thread has an alternative to the HD Ride Planer.
Thanks Bert!

Old 09-27-2016, 08:01 AM
jeff53404
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Brovig
A marketing observation: With the new map updates, Navi/Harley has done away with 2014 Q2 type naming. The maps now appear on your cycle as My-NA2016 or My-NA2017. Now, when you get a new bike, it looks like your maps are the same year, or close to it, as your cycle.

Attached Thumbnails Map Update-capture.jpg  

Last edited by jeff53404; 09-27-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:15 PM
mreaves@gmail.com
Stage II

Quick Reply: Map Update