Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hertz HCX 165 or JL C5-650x

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 10:34 AM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm running 2 of the Hertz powered by a Cerwin B2 amp. You guys must go fast as hell and peel the paint off the walls with your bikes because I have plenty of volume at all speeds under 90!

Old 10-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I would ask around about the Hertz MPK 165.3P. Not to be confused with the non "P" version called the MPK 165.3.
The driver (woofer/speaker looking thingamajig) is more leaning towards a Pro Audio platform thus louder than the standard model. Been hearing damn good things about them and not extremely power hungry.
The best Hertz components I have had on my sled are the MLK 165.3 but they are getting damn expensive and seem to like 150 -200 W.
The MPK Pro version might be a good alternative with good loud end user sound.

Just a thought.

I think my brother FlyingBroke is running those and might have some time to provide some info.

T

Old 10-21-2016, 03:05 PM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 505 Likes on 407 Posts

Any recommendations for non-components?

QUOTE=Tailwind;15614485]I would ask around about the Hertz MPK 165.3P. Not to be confused with the non "P" version called the MPK 165.3.
The driver (woofer/speaker looking thingamajig) is more leaning towards a Pro Audio platform thus louder than the standard model. Been hearing damn good things about them and not extremely power hungry.
The best Hertz components I have had on my sled are the MLK 165.3 but they are getting damn expensive and seem to like 150 -200 W.

Just a thought.

I think my brother FlyingBroke is running those and might have some time to provide some info.

T[/QUOTE]

Old 10-21-2016, 03:19 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

[QUOTE=cshocker;15614506]Any recommendations for non-components?

QUOTE=Tailwind;15614485]I would ask around about the Hertz MPK 165.3P. Not to be confused with the non "P" version called the MPK 165.3.

Just a thought.

Yes Sir. For a two speaker system get a set of Arc Moto 602's and bridge a Soundstream 520D to em.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:22 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by cshocker
Any recommendations for non-components?

Just a thought.

T
[/QUOTE]
Yes Sir. Get a set of Arc Moto 602's and bridge the soundstream 520D to em.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:38 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor
Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I would ask around about the Hertz MPK 165.3P. Not to be confused with the non "P" version called the MPK 165.3.

Just a thought.

T

There are 2 Mllie pro component sets.

MPK 165p.3 ( 3ohm Mid range driver set with MP 25.3 tweeters and Mpcx 2.3 crossovers)

MPK 165.3 (4 ohm Woofer driver set with MP 25.3 tweeters and Mpcx 2.3 Crossovers)

Both are very good sounding loud sets. The woofer driver set leans more towards the lower mids and as a result is not as loud. The Mid set does exactly as advertised...focuses on the mid range and up freq ranges and is quite loud. As Tailwind stated they are pretty awesome sets of speakers that aren't overly power hungry to get desired results. Just depends on your flavor really but we have had great success with both of these sets.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:24 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Any recommendations for non-components? ]
I would recommend not going with coax unless its budget driven. Patience can fix the budget issue. IMHO, components generally deliver better sound.

Why are you not interested in components?

If it's install logistic driven, Badd Azz Bikes will drop the tweets right in a grill for you so really its a pretty simple install.

T

Old 10-21-2016, 04:38 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I would recommend not going with coax unless its budget driven. Patience can fix the budget issue. IMHO, components generally deliver better sound.

Why are you not interested in components?

If it's install logistic driven, Badd Azz Bikes will drop the tweets right in a grill for you so really its a pretty simple install.

T
There are also some good convertible options as well that will mount as a coax or separate.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:06 PM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 505 Likes on 407 Posts

I've never ran components before. What would be advantage of components over coaxial?

Last edited by cshocker; 10-23-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:10 AM
BaggerBill103
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I've never ran components before. What would be advantage of components over coaxial?

I don't have the expertise of many of these audiophiles on here. But since you haven't been answered in days, I'll give you a laymen's answer. Component speakers come with a crossover (circuit board of stuff I don't understand), which filters and processes (passes) the correct signals to the woofer and tweeter. Meaning the Mid/lower signals to the woofer, and the highs to the tweeters. Yes, the coaxial speakers somewhat do this, but not as efficiently/effectively as a crossover does.

Quick Reply: Hertz HCX 165 or JL C5-650x