Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help deciding between two stereo systems

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 03:07 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor
Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Coach_K2014
I completely understanding going with the Hertz or something similar in the fairing. What about Diamond Audio in the fairing? Are these also quality speakers? I just looked at the Pioneer 6900pros. I don't know if they would work well in my Lids with the way the tweeter sits up super high
We have used Diamond audio in the fairing. The HXm line of speakers from diamond sound pretty dang good but for the money I feel that Hertz are warmer and my ears enjoy them more.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:18 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

I just looked at the Pioneer 6900pros. I don't know if they would work well in my Lids with the way the tweeter sits up super high
Don't talk urself out of the Pioneer Pros unless u know they will not fit. Have not heard of one person that has had an issue with the horn tweet in traditional lids.
Do a little research.

T.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:40 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Don't talk urself out of the Pioneer Pros unless u know they will not fit. Have not heard of one person that has had an issue with the horn tweet in traditional lids.
Do a little research.

T.
I agree with T. No problems with fitment in traditional lids. Also don't know of anyone running Diamond speakers. They have some nice amps but the speakers are suspect. I'd stick with the tried and true Hertz speakers.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:43 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gannicus
I agree with T. No problems with fitment in traditional lids. Also don't know of anyone running Diamond speakers. They have some nice amps but the speakers are suspect. I'd stick with the tried and true Hertz speakers.
Like I said we Installed a full diamond setup in a bike about 4 months ago. The guy loved it. I was very impressed with the speakers sound production, as well as the fact that they are so light weight. But I am hesitant to give a full weight recommendation since they haven't really stood the test of time.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:48 PM
JK_Showtime
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Do a little research.

T.
Thanks for the advice about the fit on the Pioneer Pros. I like them but didn't know about the fit. I have the traditional CVO style speaker Lids with metal mesh grills. Definitely going to be checking into the Hertz lineup for the front fairing.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:50 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the advice about the fit on the Pioneer Pros. I like them but didn't know about the fit. I have the traditional CVO style speaker Lids with metal mesh grills. Definitely going to be checking into the Hertz lineup for the front fairing.
Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions about hertz speakers or such my friend. We are a dealer and do mostly hertz setups on bikes frequently.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:28 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by BaddAzzBikes
Like I said we Installed a full diamond setup in a bike about 4 months ago. The guy loved it. I was very impressed with the speakers sound production, as well as the fact that they are so light weight. But I am hesitant to give a full weight recommendation since they haven't really stood the test of time.
Those speakers have not been vetted by anyone I know on this forum and I pretty much know every regular on here. It's cool that one guy liked em. But I can name you 10 guys as we speak who love the Hog tunes speakers. Doesn't mean they are good to go and we would recommend purchasing Hog tune speakers. Stick to the tried and true coach!!

Old 10-25-2016, 04:32 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Those speakers have not been vetted by anyone I know on this forum and I pretty much know every regular on here. It's cool that one guy liked em. But I can name you 10 guys as we speak who love the Hog tunes speakers. Doesn't mean they are good to go and we would recommend purchasing Hog tune speakers. Stick to the tried and true coach!!
Lol I wasn't recommending them. I was just simply giving the input I had to give on the requested brand my friend. I personally was impressed with the sound but I would still use hertz any day if the week. Just trying to give the OP all the info I had on what he asked about. I will say though don't be too afraid of new stuff....you never know when the next awesome thing is around the corner lol. This audio game changes so much and so fast if you aren't paying attention you might get left behind haha.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:20 PM
09baggerdude
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Lol I wasn't recommending them. I was just simply giving the input I had to give on the requested brand my friend. I personally was impressed with the sound but I would still use hertz any day if the week. Just trying to give the OP all the info I had on what he asked about. I will say though don't be too afraid of new stuff....you never know when the next awesome thing is around the corner lol. This audio game changes so much and so fast if you aren't paying attention you might get left behind haha.
Amen!!

Old 10-25-2016, 07:52 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Lol...That's funny sh*t!!

Quick Reply: Help deciding between two stereo systems