Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JL M770s... Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 05:38 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Ha!! Here we go again!! I'm currently off the radar right now (on vacation in the caymans) but when I get back AAWAV we'll get some amps for you to test bro! Haze and myself sent you the amps for the first wave. Maybe one of our vendors can step up this time around? If not. I'll puchase a couple when I get back and send em to you as Haze is out of the country working at this point but I'll cover Haze if necessary!! Will also talk to Tailwind and reach out to CVOJOE. Both great guys who would be willing to contribute!!

Old 10-26-2016, 05:40 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor
Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

I cant promise anything at this particular time but I may have a few in my private stock I would be willing to send in to help the cause as it were lol

Old 10-26-2016, 05:47 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by BaddAzzBikes
I cant promise anything at this particular time but I may have a few in my private stock I would be willing to send in to help the cause as it were lol
Good Sh*t BAB!! I figured you guys would step up!! Thanks for the effort!! Looking at another week or so before I get back but meanwhile while I still have WIFI lol!! I'll reach out to my friend Tailwind who is golden and CVOJOE as well!!

Old 10-26-2016, 05:57 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Ha!! Here we go again!! I'm currently off the radar right now (on vacation in the caymans) but when I get back AAWAV we'll get some amps for you to test bro! Haze and myself sent you the amps for the first wave. Maybe one of our vendors can step up this time around? If not. I'll puchase a couple when I get back and send em to you as Haze is out of the country working at this point but I'll cover Haze if necessary!! Will also talk to Tailwind and reach out to CVOJOE. Both great guys who would be willing to contribute!!
DUDE! go have a WELL deserved vacation. "we" got you covered, "cover us" with drinking

talk to you soon and enjoy the Caymans (never been there!).

Old 10-26-2016, 10:24 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
From what I read the Diamond HXM800.4D put out 170w in a dyno test. Here's a pic if the 800.4 installed in a Rushmore fairing. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't fit on the BAB amp tray for 2013 and down.
The wiring in the pic looks pretty intimidating for a newbie. The BT seemed solid in the bench test sticky, but as of yet nobody is pushing it as a good match to the JL 770s. Is it not comparable to the Arc Moto 600.4 or Dia HMX 800.4? Hoping to do the install myself???

Old 10-26-2016, 10:36 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by 15 Street Glider
The wiring in the pic looks pretty intimidating for a newbie. The BT seemed solid in the bench test sticky, but as of yet nobody is pushing it as a good match to the JL 770s. Is it not comparable to the Arc Moto 600.4 or Dia HMX 800.4? Hoping to do the install myself???
Ran JL 880s off the 4180 and the combo was very effective. Those speaks are very well rounded so did not have a needs for gain and freq ***** other than the BT LL gain. Have also run them off a few different amps with all the ***** and full pass works well with my set up so unless u really need to dial in a freq range for the 770s I would not loose a bunch of sleep over it.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the ***** as it opens up various possibilities as I tinker with my set up but the 4180 will provide good quality power.

Just my 2 pennies.

T.

The following users liked this post:
No U Glider (10-27-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 10:42 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Ran JL 880s off the 4180 and the combo was very effective. Those speaks are very well rounded so did not have a needs for gain and freq ***** other than the BT LL gain. Have also run them off a few different amps with all the ***** and full pass works well with my set up so unless u really need to dial in a freq range for the 770s I would not loose a bunch of sleep over it. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the ***** as it opens up various possibilities as I tinker with my set up but the 4180 will provide good quality power. Just my 2 pennies. T.
You've came a long way T. I can remember when ***** on an amp scared the **** out of ya.
OP don't let all the wires and ***** on the amps scare you bro. There's plenty of good help here to guide you.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

I am surprised that none of the "regular suspects" have used and rated the 800.4 yet! I'll be waiting for the results!

Old 10-27-2016, 12:58 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
I am surprised that none of the "regular suspects" have used and rated the 800.4 yet! I'll be waiting for the results!
Mike -- all of their bikes sound so damn good right now one wants to change anything!

Old 10-27-2016, 01:05 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
You've came a long way T. I can remember when ***** on an amp scared the **** out of ya.
OP don't let all the wires and ***** on the amps scare you bro. There's plenty of good help here to guide you.
Still very much a green horn!!! But as u stated the support and guidance that I have gotten from my audio brothers has been unreal, and OP this same support is available to all. Very damn refreshing in this chaotic world in which we live thus audio has become a damn good escape for me.
Appreciate the support gurus!!!!!

OP, if ur pregnant with the 4180 it will do very well. If u are purchasing a new amp and see yourself learning and growing with the sled audio industry, get some ***** as the next chapter in this sled audio book will more than likely require a bit more fine tuning capability. Most important, this forum will not leave u hanging regarding any assistance that might be needed.

Thx again boys!!! Off to the garage to try out some different shix!!!!!!

T.

Quick Reply: JL M770s... Now what?