Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aquatic AV Install/MP3 Player

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 08:40 AM
joeg2246
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BaddAzzBikes
Joe the amp that is built into the aquatic works really well on powering up Factory speakers but Falls rather short on powering up any good aftermarket speaker
Well I am going to try it with the Infinity Kappas that I recently purchased. I did buy a B54 Stealth 4 channel amp that I have in my garage, but, I was hoping to not have to use it.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:48 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by BaddAzzBikes
The PBR amp only accepts high level inputs (speaker wire) not low level (RCAS). In order to wire in the front channel off that unit to that amp you will still need to jump into your factory harness to get to the high level out speaker wires for the front. You can also get ahold of a set of diamond audio rca low level input for one of their amps since the plug in style is the same on the pbr. just a couple options. I would suggest very strongly against using that amp though.
those RCA pigtails is what the PBR comes with. No issues plugging in the RCA's. We normally advise folks to cut that pigtail off and access the wires because it turns out the PBR sounds much better with their high level inputs. Go figure.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:19 PM
harleync
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Hers what I have found out so far after installing the Aquatic Radio last night.
1. Its a tight fit from the front going back, Much easier going from the front.
2. Aquatic radio doesn't like Thumb drives, No way of looking up playlist, albums etc unless I am doing something wrong..
3. It works great with Apple products..I bought a Nano today (Bluetooth works find, but sounds bad)
4. Nano plug into the usb sounds great and the playlist, Albums, song comes up...
5. The amp PBR300 works with speaker leads going to it, I have order the rca to see if that makes any diff, should be here this week..
6. The sound of the Aquatic is night and day from the HK factory unit., Its sitting in the garage now with the fairing off waiting on the RCAs for the amp
7. The screws are a BITCH to put in, even tho I have the right tools.
8. Faceplate on the radio looks nice but sometime I feel like I am going to brake the latches off when I take it off.
9 I will update again as I play with it...
10.Any suggest anyone has please chime in.

The following users liked this post:
twinchrome (01-18-2017)
Old 12-14-2016, 03:24 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

You will get better sound out of the PBR using high level inputs versus low level. Being that you've got the low level ordered I'd try it just to see but I'm certain the high level will sound better.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:03 PM
harleync
Tourer

Originally Posted by SBates08
You will get better sound out of the PBR using high level inputs versus low level. Being that you've got the low level ordered I'd try it just to see but I'm certain the high level will sound better.
Thanks, at the time I didn't know which would work, speakers leads or rca., the rca were 10 dollars..the amp does pretty good job set at HP, some use AP, gain set around 4.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:32 AM
harleync
Tourer

I installed the RCA inputs into the amp last night., With the amp turn off on the Aquatic AV the volume control is around 20 plus compared to the speaker wires run to the amp which is under 10. Either way it can get loud and sound the same to me..But what do I know about sound, I lost a lot of hearing listening to Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin in concert back in the early 70s.
My question, which can cause the amp to heat up quicker using RCAs or Speaker wires?
I am waiting on a second set of hands and eyes to put the last bolt in (Right rear bolt) I just cant seem to get it started. I am using a ball point allen 3/16.
Anybody also know it looks like the Nano stands on (Charging) while plug into the USB on the Radio while the radio is off and the bike is turn off. will this drain the battery while sitting? or is the current so same it doesn't matter.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:43 AM
harleync
Tourer

Update about the MP3
1. I am using a Nano 7 16 gig ($150) player using the USB connection. The Bluetooth sound is much lower.
2. So far I have 138 songs, 10 hours and 9 mins of music around 4.4 mins a song., I can put maybe around 1000 songs before the nano is full.
3. After turning the Aquatic radio on, The radio has to read the music before it starts playing. It took 10 seconds before the song started playing.
4. I started using ITunes to put music on the Nano but it was limited but works fine...I have Roxio Music disc creator that I have been using for years and it works better for me and I am use to it...
5. All the hand controls work fine with the Nano....Volume uses the left hand control and song section uses the right. Plus you can change sound (bass, Treble and Midrange) with the Mode left hand controls. And right hand control you can change the input (Bluetooth, USB. Radio etc) with the Mode control.
6. All songs are in the MP3 format
7. Anything hooked to the USB port will not play Album art, even with the Nano hooked to it...Only Bluetooth shows album art...Could be user error..

Old 12-18-2016, 05:31 AM
joeg2246
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by harleync
Update about the MP3
7. Anything hooked to the USB port will not play Album art, even with the Nano hooked to it...Only Bluetooth shows album art...Could be user error..
I think Aquatic states in the description that album art is only viewable when connected via Bluetooth.

I am concerned with the volume being considerably lower via Bluetooth. Are you researching that as to why that is happening?

Old 12-18-2016, 07:24 AM
harleync
Tourer

Originally Posted by joeg2246
I think Aquatic states in the description that album art is only viewable when connected via Bluetooth.

I am concerned with the volume being considerably lower via Bluetooth. Are you researching that as to why that is happening?
I have always heard that...music being lower by Bluetooth...but the IPhone 6s playing Iheart radio sounds pretty good but when I use the Nano 7 playing music with Bluetooth there is a some difference, and sounds a lot better with USB connection...I have been able to get the Thump Drive to work now and is really not any diff than the Nano. I am still playing with the Thumb Drive ...I would rather use it than the Nano for Music, I thought the Nano would show album art and be more friendly to use than the Thumb Drive but its no diff....Make sure you get a small size thumb drive so it will fit inside the radio.. Best Buy has them 32g for 10.00 dollars. Joeg Have you install the radio yet?

Old 12-18-2016, 02:42 PM
Artexman
Cruiser
Received 84 Likes on 25 Posts

Using Bluetooth with my Kenwood x998, they only time I notice a decrease in volume is if I don't turn the EQ off within the Google Music app. If the app EQ is off there is no change in volume.

Quick Reply: Aquatic AV Install/MP3 Player