Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aquatic AV Install/MP3 Player

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 05:04 PM
joeg2246
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by harleync
I have always heard that...music being lower by Bluetooth...but the IPhone 6s playing Iheart radio sounds pretty good but when I use the Nano 7 playing music with Bluetooth there is a some difference, and sounds a lot better with USB connection...I have been able to get the Thump Drive to work now and is really not any diff than the Nano. I am still playing with the Thumb Drive ...I would rather use it than the Nano for Music, I thought the Nano would show album art and be more friendly to use than the Thumb Drive but its no diff....Make sure you get a small size thumb drive so it will fit inside the radio.. Best Buy has them 32g for 10.00 dollars. Joeg Have you install the radio yet?
i am going to order this week. I waited for the new unit with the clock and the dummy face plate. It also came with a Sirius tuner and the additional USB port. Those last 2 items don't really interest me but the first 2 are things I wanted

Old 12-22-2016, 06:56 AM
joeg2246
Advanced

I went ahead and ordered the Aquatic Gen 2 today. I ordered from Dragonfly Concepts. It was $599 and free shipping. It was a little tough to take at first, but, once I pushed the button I was ok with it. When it arrives I will install it and infinity Kappas with no additional amplifier for now. If it performs satisfactorily I will go with that. If it doesn't I will look at external amps then.
I'll post progress

The following users liked this post:
twinchrome (01-18-2017)
Old 12-23-2016, 06:37 AM
harleync
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by joeg2246
I went ahead and ordered the Aquatic Gen 2 today. I ordered from Dragonfly Concepts. It was $599 and free shipping. It was a little tough to take at first, but, once I pushed the button I was ok with it. When it arrives I will install it and infinity Kappas with no additional amplifier for now. If it performs satisfactorily I will go with that. If it doesn't I will look at external amps then.
I'll post progress
Let us know how things go.. Interested in how it sounds without the amp...
I have rode the bike once since the install, maybe 5 miles. Its a lot clearer than with the HD radio( I am running a RF amp). You cant see the screen while riding very well (even if it had a clock I don't think you could see it very well). Using the thumb drive works very well for me... Theres a lot of diff settings for sound. I had to tweek the sound while riding compared to adjusting it when it was sitting in the garage. I really like the radio, hope to have some good weather in NC next week to try it out...

Old 12-24-2016, 05:30 AM
joeg2246
Advanced

Originally Posted by harleync
Let us know how things go.. Interested in how it sounds without the amp...
I have rode the bike once since the install, maybe 5 miles. Its a lot clearer than with the HD radio( I am running a RF amp). You cant see the screen while riding very well (even if it had a clock I don't think you could see it very well). Using the thumb drive works very well for me... Theres a lot of diff settings for sound. I had to tweek the sound while riding compared to adjusting it when it was sitting in the garage. I really like the radio, hope to have some good weather in NC next week to try it out...
I will get progress posted after install. Unit is not scheduled to arrive until Jan 3rd so it will be awhile.
That's to bad about seeing the display. So I am assuming the HD radio display was better? I see it just fine.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:10 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by joeg2246
I will get progress posted after install. Unit is not scheduled to arrive until Jan 3rd so it will be awhile.
That's to bad about seeing the display. So I am assuming the HD radio display was better? I see it just fine.
You got took for Gen 2. I Paid $365 in January of this year for Gen 2 when they firsy released. Hated it and sold about 5 weeks later. Good luck. Hope you enjoy Apple products.

Old 12-24-2016, 04:41 PM
Softy 103
Banned
Received 259 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
You got took for Gen 2. I Paid $365 in January of this year for Gen 2 when they firsy released. Hated it and sold about 5 weeks later. Good luck. Hope you enjoy Apple products.
Damn I was also looking at this one, what did you hate about it

Old 12-24-2016, 07:04 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Softy 103
Damn I was also looking at this one, what did you hate about it
Usb with thumb drive would not search well with more thsn 3-4 gb music, Ipod is what it was intended to have in the usb and designed for, hand control function to adjust your bass/mid/treble, rather than change albums , and few other things.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:30 PM
Softy 103
Banned

Usb with thumb drive would not search well with more thsn 3-4 gb music, Ipod is what it was intended to have in the usb and designed for, hand control function to adjust your bass/mid/treble, rather than change albums , and few other things.
Did it have a good sound were you running an external amp?

The following users liked this post:
Low budget Dan (01-14-2017)
Old 12-24-2016, 07:43 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Sound was fine. Limited adjustment and prefer crossovers in the head units so if you do get one I would spend the extra coin on the new one. Can do better with aftermarket and a splash shield, but if dead set on one go all in or go elsewhere.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:13 PM
Softy 103
Banned

Sound was fine. Limited adjustment and prefer crossovers in the head units so if you do get one I would spend the extra coin on the new one. Can do better with aftermarket and a splash shield, but if dead set on one go all in or go elsewhere.
I have no idea what you mean when you say no crossovers in the head units, Do you think this would sound good with the rest of my set up? I am looking at the plug and play aspect, being the simplest way for some one who knows nothing about hooking the stuff up

Quick Reply: Aquatic AV Install/MP3 Player