Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dynamatt?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 05:57 AM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

installed dynamat on my 08 road glide...couldnt tell it made any difference

Old 01-11-2017, 07:50 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by mslater741
installed dynamat on my 08 road glide...couldnt tell it made any difference
What speakers and amp?

T

Old 01-12-2017, 06:23 AM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
What speakers and amp?

T
sony mex70bt ....biketronics 2180 .....hertx hcx165 ......not sure if i have all the model numbers right

Old 01-12-2017, 07:30 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by mslater741
sony mex70bt ....biketronics 2180 .....hertx hcx165 ......not sure if i have all the model numbers right
Strange. I have run a few different strategies inside the fairing and the Dynamat was a very good "detail" that I improved upon. Hertz speaks to boot.
We all have different ears and sensory systems, but I'm a big fan of Dynamat.

T.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:21 AM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Amazon had the Noico 80 mil x 10 sq.ft. material for $22.00, so that's what I'll be using on the inside of my batwing. It's butly rubber (unlike some of the cheap as asphalt products), so it should be very comparable to Dyamat.

Should I wrap the outsides of the fairing speaker pods as well?

I wonder if there's enough room to get the fairing back on if I wrap it and the pods with the 80 mil Noico?

Old 01-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger
Amazon had the Noico 80 mil x 10 sq.ft. material for $22.00, so that's what I'll be using on the inside of my batwing. It's butly rubber (unlike some of the cheap as asphalt products), so it should be very comparable to Dyamat.

Should I wrap the outsides of the fairing speaker pods as well?

I wonder if there's enough room to get the fairing back on if I wrap it and the pods with the 80 mil Noico?
If ur keeping the pods I'm not sure if I would bother with the Dynamat. I won't hurt but u probably won't notice a difference since u are retaining the OEM speaker enclosure.

If u want to do it to plan ahead or provide additional surround & vibration elimination, do not wrap the pods. Fairing won't fit.

T

Old 01-13-2017, 10:52 AM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

If ur keeping the pods I'm not sure if I would bother with the Dynamat. I won't hurt but u probably won't notice a difference since u are retaining the OEM speaker enclosure.

If u want to do it to plan ahead or provide additional surround & vibration elimination, do not wrap the pods. Fairing won't fit.

T
Thanks T

The more I've researched sound deadening the more I'm wondering if DynaMat, alone, is the answer, even if you're not using the pods.

The Klock Work kit ($250.00 ) isn't just DynaMat. It's a combination of Dynamat & DynaLiner.

I got the Noico "Mat" that I ordered from Amazon and their instructional video recommends installing their "Liner" material over the "Mat".

It appears to me that the "mat" is to stop vibrations (the front of the fairing) and the "liner" is to control the sound waves.

It looks like any "mat" (especially one with a foil back) would control resonance/vibrations of the fairing but would reflect the sound waves to the point that sound quality would be reduced.

What say ye?

Old 01-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger
Thanks T

The more I've researched sound deadening the more I'm wondering if DynaMat, alone, is the answer, even if you're not using the pods.

The Klock Work kit ($250.00 ) isn't just DynaMat. It's a combination of Dynamat & DynaLiner.

I got the Noico "Mat" that I ordered from Amazon and their instructional video recommends installing their "Liner" material over the "Mat".

It appears to me that the "mat" is to stop vibrations (the front of the fairing) and the "liner" is to control the sound waves.

It looks like any "mat" (especially one with a foil back) would control resonance/vibrations of the fairing but would reflect the sound waves to the point that sound quality would be reduced.

What say ye?
A while back when u were sitting on the beach and we were tearing into this overall discussion on the forum, I have deducted that audio advance on a sled (or any other challenging audio environment) is all about the sum of very wide range of details, and not just one detail.

Upgrading from VCR RCA cables to the correct quality RCA cables will advance the cause. $200 RCAs will not get u awesome sound. The entire package is what matters most, details, details, details.

The list is endless, but unless we all pay attention to the entire list and take as many small bites into this elephant as possible, the rewards will be predictable.

Just my 2 pennies.

T

Old 01-13-2017, 07:53 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

A while back when u were sitting on the beach ....
I'm not sure if this is meant as a joke or an insult???

Yes, I understand that you and others are the pioneers responsible for most of the "details" that the rest of us bums are using on our bikes.

My question really centered around using just Dynamat (or a similar product) or Dynamat + Dynaliner.

As I said before; Klock Works is selling a package that contains both products. Several Forum members have posted photos showing the black Dynamat, some showing the aluminum Dynamat and a few with Dynamat + Dynaliner.

In trying to get the details right, my hope was to find out which products and or combination of products was producing the best results.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:49 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

WTR, I think a lot of the pics with the black Dynamat is actually Second Skins. That's what I used in my fairing. Just my thoughts but at highway speeds I think the full pkg would be overkill. I noticed a difference immediately but others didn't. We all hear things differently.

The following users liked this post:
WestTexasRanger (01-13-2017)

Quick Reply: dynamatt?