Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dynamatt?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 10:11 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger
I'm not sure if this is meant as a joke or an insult???

Yes, I understand that you and others are the pioneers responsible for most of the "details" that the rest of us bums are using on our bikes.

My question really centered around using just Dynamat (or a similar product) or Dynamat + Dynaliner.

As I said before; Klock Works is selling a package that contains both products. Several Forum members have posted photos showing the black Dynamat, some showing the aluminum Dynamat and a few with Dynamat + Dynaliner.

In trying to get the details right, my hope was to find out which products and or combination of products was producing the best results.
I was absolutely a joke Brotha!!! I know u have been around this forum and audio in general for a long time Brotha and the joke was more towards some of the trivial conversations that were had about some of the details. Just image talking about the inside of a ping pong ball for about a week, thus being on the beach is was good thing. Actually not sure when being on a beach is ever a bad thing.

I'm running Dynamat on the outer fairing. The only other strategy I use on some speaks is to use a product called FAST Rings when a speak needs to be warmed up a bit. Essentially that just wraps the speaker a bit in a foam blanket. Just a technique. I do not use that on my current AWs but did use it on the Focal, Hertz, and some PAs.

Hope this helps!!!

T

Old 01-13-2017, 10:41 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I was absolutely a joke Brotha!!! I know u have been around this forum and audio in general for a long time Brotha and the joke was more towards some of the trivial conversations that were had about some of the details. Just image talking about the inside of a ping pong ball for about a week, thus being on the beach is was good thing. Actually not sure when being on a beach is ever a bad thing.

I'm running Dynamat on the outer fairing. The only other strategy I use on some speaks is to use a product called FAST Rings when a speak needs to be warmed up a bit. Essentially that just wraps the speaker a bit in a foam blanket. Just a technique. I do not use that on my current AWs but did use it on the Focal, Hertz, and some PAs.

Hope this helps!!!

T
So where can I find that thread on the ping-pong *****? LOL

I got my amp & dynamat "clone"yesterday, DD-AW6.5's & T2's from BAL today and am expecting the RCA "Y" cables tomorrow, so it's time to get my bike back together.

Thanks for the help.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:52 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger
So where can I find that thread on the ping-pong *****? LOL

I got my amp & dynamat "clone"yesterday, DD-AW6.5's & T2's from BAL today and am expecting the RCA "Y" cables tomorrow, so it's time to get my bike back together.

Thanks for the help.
Awesome!!! Anxious to get some reviews on the T2 as well as the AWs. Guys are running the 25mm, 28mm, and 30mm with these speaks and not sure if there will be a significant difference between the different tweets parked and rolling down the road.

Let me know if I can assist!!!

T