Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics Installation 2017 Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 03:05 PM
TomboAT65
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ral819
I'm still waiting on the delivery of the BT355 LL. I wanted to hear it myself before putting everything back together. The amp is stuck down, I have the bracket as high as it can go as the back of the amp is touching the HU. I left room on the Right side for the LL. When I dry fit the headlight, the RCA cables are against it. I may use the Stingers I have to give it more room. As Mike (BT) told me , I'll be sacrificing some shielding. Definitely a close proximity ? The tape went after the first re position. I bought more...
Just take your time and get it done right. I mounted my 355 on the underside of the amp bracket. There is plenty of room under there for wiring and such, even with the headlight in.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:17 PM
ral819
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, getting the bike back together and listening to the system. No complaints. Volume isn't half and it's loud. I'm in the garage with doors down though. Not the best acoustics. Definitely not a lot of bottom, but the bass is fine. Did anyone come off the default setting on the Line Leveler ? I haven't put the fairing on yet and can get to it still.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Wow, getting the bike back together and listening to the system. No complaints. Volume isn't half and it's loud. I'm in the garage with doors down though. Not the best acoustics. Definitely not a lot of bottom, but the bass is fine. Did anyone come off the default setting on the Line Leveler ? I haven't put the fairing on yet and can get to it still.
If u don't have ***** on the amp then I would not move the LL gains more that about the 1 o'clock position.
If ur trying to target a certain freq range i.e. Highs, mids or lows then call BT Mike.

T.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:43 PM
ral819
Tourer

Another thought that occurred to me while putting the fairing back on is, If there are another 2 speaker connections on the 2180 Amp, can you get lower fairings with speakers that would have the bottom I hear a lot of you guys looking to achieve ? Is that only in sub woofers ? Can you purchase speakers in a lower fairing that enhance the bottom only ? Will Mid Bass Mid Range cover that or is a Sub Woofer possible ?

Last edited by ral819; 01-14-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:30 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

I have a 15 RGS with Arc Moto 602's up front, they hammer! I noticed a difference after sealing my pods, (Initially I didn't) so I had something to compare it to,, it's more like a "Ported" bass box, vs Sealed, (my favorite) Granted you don't get a ton of bass from the 6.5's up front, but there was definitely a difference.

Click on the link in my sig to hear my system,, that's just 4 speakers, the TP isn't hooked up, (YET) I need to talk to Gan or Haze and see how and what speakers they recommend,,,, lol

Old 01-15-2017, 09:28 AM
ral819
Tourer

I've noticed my Bass control is only minimally responsive. I wasn't sure if thats the nature of the BT355 LL. My next project would be the lower fairings. This would be using the remaining speaker outs on the BT 2180.15.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:23 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Your not going to get good lows or thump from the Titan II's. The Titan II's are a bright sounding speaker. For coax speakers the Arc Moto 602's, among others will product much better lows.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:50 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Another thought that occurred to me while putting the fairing back on is, If there are another 2 speaker connections on the 2180 Amp, can you get lower fairings with speakers that would have the bottom I hear a lot of you guys looking to achieve ? Is that only in sub woofers ? Can you purchase speakers in a lower fairing that enhance the bottom only ? Will Mid Bass Mid Range cover that or is a Sub Woofer possible ?
Running speakers in parallel between the fairing and lowers, the speakers would have to be the exact same or very close to it. In doing so the lowers would be robbing power from the fairing speaker which are the main source of sound on a bike. Adding lower you would want to use a four channel amp. Considering the cost of lower and another pair of speaker you would do better to use that cash to upgrade the fairing speakers to components with tweeter built into the grills.

Last edited by Bertk; 01-16-2017 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:36 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
Running speakers in parallel between the fairing and lowers, the speakers would have to the exact same or very close to it. In doing so the lowers would be robbing power from the fairing speaker which are the main source of sound on a bike. Adding lower you would want to use a four channel amp. Considering the cost of lower and another pair of speaker you would do better to use that cash to upgrade the fairing speakers to components with tweeter built into the grills.

First and foremost, it's all about the fairing!!!

T

Old 01-15-2017, 12:34 PM
ral819
Tourer

Got it, the light is starting to come on fella's. This is truly an education... Many Thanks... The Titans aren't bad, but I need to get out on the road to test the system properly. Been Icy around St Louis lately ... Arc Moto 602's ... Hmmmm... May be some new Titans for sale....

Last edited by ral819; 01-15-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Biketronics Installation 2017 Road Glide