Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp in fairing help please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 01:03 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Jist giving you small form power options. Can't say. Likely bag. Creative thinking may allow it, but I would expect bag. Don't have Rushmore so haven't battled amp fitment with newer model fairings

Old 01-14-2017, 04:59 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by drew1879@gmail.com
Ok. I'm new to all this. I have diamond 800 hooked up with sv in lowers and hcx in fairing but switching fairing to sv. Waiting on lids
Gonna try and back the bus up here a bit by first asking if u have ever heard the system u plan on installing.
Are you trying to obtain parking lot decibel meter sound or do u do a fair amount of riding and expect good sound quality while doing so?
If ur expecting good SQ rolling down the road from the seat fwd part of ur sled, I think u gonna be in for a big surprise.
Where do u plan on mounting horns for your front stage?
Don't get me wrong here, the lids will be a good addition here, but ur front stage is gonna have marginal SQ at best unless u add horns, which is not an easy task on a Rushmore.
Set the brake Brotha and think this thru. First and foremost, define what type of sound r u looking for then build the front stage around that objective. Even if it's parking lot decibel meter sound ur looking for, the lack of horns in the fairing and associated challenge of finding a prudent spot for them on a Rushmore are gonna be issues u will want to evaluate before jumping into the deep end. If ur wanting damn good SQ, abandon the SV plan for the fairing.

T

Old 01-14-2017, 08:21 AM
drew1879@gmail.com
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard and rode a bike with exact setup. Could hear back speakers clear as day while riding. Horns will go in mirror holes if I need them. Chris lowe told me the lid horn may be enough for me and may not. What do you recommend other than the sv in fairing?

Old 01-14-2017, 08:36 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

If you have four SV's up front then you need horns or tweeters there too. There's no way around that, SV 165 are mid range drives (not full range) they only play up to 10k hz or so you need highs from somewhere in front of you.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:38 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by drew1879@gmail.com
I've heard and rode a bike with exact setup. Could hear back speakers clear as day while riding. Horns will go in mirror holes if I need them. Chris lowe told me the lid horn may be enough for me and may not. What do you recommend other than the sv in fairing?
Depends on the sound ur looking for. If ur desire is to rock the decibel meter in a parking lot then run the PAs everywhere. If you want loud clear yet warmer full range sound then mix the PAs in the fairing and go full range component in the fairing holes with tweets in the grills.

It just depends on what ur ears want. I don't usually care what Chris Lowe or anyone else says about the actual product I end up at these various locations cause at the end of the we all have different ears and listening desires.

I run 4 JL880s, and 2 Pioneer Pro 6900s inside the bags in the rear stage and DD AW6.5s in the fairing. 2 amps under the hood. No amp in bags. I have run various PAs in the fairing but my ears and ultimately the voices in my head rip the PAs out after just a couple hours of road time. PAs in fairing are just way too harsh for my style.

Take ur time bro. The audio trends are cool and all but if u have not thrown the cash down yet, make it perfect for your music genres and ears.

T.

The following users liked this post:
pglider (01-14-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 08:44 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Depends on the sound ur looking for. If ur desire is to rock the decibel meter in a parking lot then run the PAs everywhere. If you want loud clear yet warmer full range sound then mix the PAs in the fairing and go full range component in the fairing holes with tweets in the grills.

It just depends on what ur ears want. I don't usually care what Chris Lowe or anyone else says about the actual product I end up at these various locations cause at the end of the we all have different ears and listening desires.

I run 4 JL880s, and 2 Pioneer Pro 6900s inside the bags in the rear stage and DD AW6.5s in the fairing. 2 amps under the hood. No amp in bags. I have run various PAs in the fairing but my ears and ultimately the voices in my head rip the PAs out after just a couple hours of road time. PAs in fairing are just way too harsh for my style.

Take ur time bro. The audio trends are cool and all but if u have not thrown the cash down yet, make it perfect for your music genres and ears.

T.
T - One of your fairing amps is the Hertz, right? What is the other?

Old 01-14-2017, 09:00 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
T - One of your fairing amps is the Hertz, right? What is the other?
Area 51 amp. Testing it out.

T

Old 01-14-2017, 09:11 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Area 51 amp. Testing it out.

T
Darn it! Don't have that Top Secret clearance any more