Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HU, ASWC-1 install, now amp doesn't work...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 11:16 PM
Gunslingerglide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New HU, ASWC-1 install, now amp doesn't work...HELP!

OK, I'm beyond frustrated as I've been searching this forum and the internet for days and haven't found an answer to fix my issue. I'm hoping that someone with more experience than me can help me out. My previous audio set up sounded good but I wanted to upgrade the head unit and maintain the handlebar controls so I made some changes.

My previous set up thanks to UltraNutz was;
Stock HK HU
Infinity Kappas 62.11
RF PBR 300X2- using high level inputs

I recently installed;
Sony MEX-70MBT head unit
Metra Axxess ASWC-1
Metra 99-9600 install kit

The radio turns on and the ASWC-1 handlebar controls function as they should. Unfortunately now the amp does not work. I didn't change anything in regards to wiring so I'm stumped. I'm using the high level input and I've tweaked just about everything, but still no luck. I've checked and double checked my connections, fuses, but still have no power to the amp.

As stated above I'm using High Level Inputs, not RCA's and running power and negative cables to battery. From ASWC-1/ 99-9600 kit which is connected to audio harness I'm running red, black and yellow wires to the red, yellow and black wires on the head unit. On the head unit itself no other wires are attached to anything else.

Does anyone have this current setup who could chime in or even better post a pic of your setup??? Is the AMP toast??? Do I need the remote wire???

Please Help!!! THX

Old 01-14-2017, 11:18 PM
Djeazie
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Remote wire. Blue wire from radio to amp connected?

Old 01-14-2017, 11:25 PM
Gunslingerglide
Intermediate

No, I currently don't have the remote wire hooked up. On my previous setup I was advised not to use the remote wire and everything worked fine. With a new HU does the remote wire now get used?

Old 01-15-2017, 05:11 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunslingerglide
No, I currently don't have the remote wire hooked up. On my previous setup I was advised not to use the remote wire and everything worked fine. With a new HU does the remote wire now get used?
I would use remote wire.

If that does not fix it then there is a always a chance u torched the inline fuse or fuse panel fuse

Old 01-15-2017, 08:32 AM
jory434
Road Warrior
Received 474 Likes on 253 Posts

There's an adjustment in the side of your amp to determine how much power it requires to be turned on by the high level inputs. I think it varies between 4-6 volts and u can adjust it with a Phillips screwdriver.. look on the side of the amp where the gain control is and you'll see it. May be able to adjust that so the amp will turn on..

Old 01-15-2017, 09:52 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunslingerglide
Connect the REM wire. This should allow the HU to come on first and then the amp. If there is any noise or popping on turn on or off use the HL Adjust to change the delay.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:07 PM
Gunslingerglide
Intermediate

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've attached the remote wire and the amp turned on, but now have constant popping sounds. I try Bertk's suggestion and tinker with the HL, hopefully that will solve the problem.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:46 PM
Gunslingerglide
Intermediate

Well I tried the suggestion of adjusting the HL, still no luck. Tried a new fuse, reattached the ground from amp to the battery. The only sound from the speakers is a pattern of three crackeles over and over again. My phone hooks up to the Bluetooth the radio shows the song playing and the aswc-1 works, but no frickin music!! I'll attach a pic of the setup, maybe I'm missing a connection somewhere that one of you guys will catch.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:53 PM
Gunslingerglide
Intermediate

Here's the set up. Not everything is perminent as you can tell it's kind of a rats nest! The wiring will be soldered once I figure everything out.

Attached Thumbnails New HU, ASWC-1 install, now amp doesn't work...HELP!-img_2828.jpg   New HU, ASWC-1 install, now amp doesn't work...HELP!-img_2831.jpg   New HU, ASWC-1 install, now amp doesn't work...HELP!-img_2830.jpg   New HU, ASWC-1 install, now amp doesn't work...HELP!-img_2832.jpg  
Old 01-16-2017, 07:45 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

I would use low level inputs with the Sony. (RCA's) No advantage to having an aftermarket radio if you're not gonna use RCA's.

I would also switch that amp out to a Cerwin Vega B52 for much better clarity and sound. 1000 watts on the CV vs. 300 watts on the PBR.

But that's just me.

Last edited by Gannicus; 01-16-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Quick Reply: New HU, ASWC-1 install, now amp doesn't work...HELP!