Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review / Vids - Some New Products

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 08:08 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Review / Vids - Some New Products

Hey guys, been busy testing out new products. Here are some thoughts, vids, and pics!

Diamond Audio 800.4 Amplifier
Gotta thank No Cage Audio for sending me one of these to test out. I was excited to get my hands on one. Package and build quality on this amp is excellent. I first connected it to a 10 inch bid bass hoping to get blown away. Honest assessment - i was a bit unimpressed, same when I hooked it up to a set of 8's, even bridged. I then connected it to a set of component speakers and it sounded much better pushing 6.5's but I think if I was looking for an amp for a 4 speaker set up I'd grab the Arc Audio 600.4 first. I do see the benefits of using this amp when running fairing, then lowers and rear pods in parallel...you have more wiring options. In comparison I do like the sound of the Diamond Audio Micro4, just wish it had some more power behind it. Having said that, the below vids of the white bike are with the Diamond 800.4 and my friend said his bike was so loud going down the highway he had to turn it down. He previously had a PN4.1000D DS18 pro audio speakers and Kappas.

Next up was a set of DD Audio CC 6.5 components. The fit and finish for these was awesome. The tweeters come in a metal housing and screw on back that's missing from some of the other DD lines. Sound wise they had nice low end, and play pretty loud. Highs did break up just a tad when pushed too hard. A good EQ can fix this. I'd say these are very similar to the BT 7.1's with a tad warmer sound. They retail for 259.00 and I think that's a great target for what you get. Now before anyone asks, the AW's are on another level. I'll post some vids below so you guys can hear them.

My boy Brad Ball from The Cycle Lab in Mississippi recommended I try out the AD Design 6.5 speakers - AD CX62 2100 series. With a name like Cycle Lab I figure Brad and I must have similar taste. These speakers sound REALLY good. I'd say they are a baby version of the Focal KRC. They are crystal clear, with a good rich warm sound. Not a ton of bass, but a ton of clean warm volume. I'd run these in lowers and/or tour pack pods with some bass friendly speakers in the fairing and then these for some volume. What I thought was neat about these speakers is the video they have posted of them working while submerged under water. These retail for 279.00 and that's a fantastic price for a speaker with this level of sound quality. Oh and the tweeters pivot and they are "almost" shallow enough to drop in. Probably need a 1/4 inch spacer.

Here's a vid of them with the CC's in the fairing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClCW...k&spfreload=10

Here's a promo vid of theirs with the speakers playing in water!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6nOf2Lnzp0

Not too long ago I saw Garage Bagger Stereo post that they had used Tempesta 6.5 speakers on a build. Never heard of them? Well until last week, so I decided to try a set. These are pro audio speakers, slim fitting but still at tad bit too big to drop into rear pods. I think they are 2.36 deep. These things run around 40.00 a speaker and let me tell you they get LOUD. If you've ever consider running some pro audio speakers in your lowers but didn't want to spend some crazy cash to test them out. I would check these out. There's better pro audio speakers out there, and many that cost a bunch more, but no many that drop right in to a set of lowers. There's a vid below.

Same bike with the CC's in the fairing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xBKE86jzeA

Lastly we had a guy with a guy that was running Hertz SPL in the fairing with horns and had an HDP4 but wanted bass. He also REALLY wanted an Aquatic headunit. For those who say you can't get could sound quality from an aquatic...check out the vid below. We yanked the HDP4 out and replaced it with JL Audio amps, and slapped a 10 and an 8 in each bag. This thing screams now and you would never know by looking at the bike parked. Props go to my business partner Henry of Da Funk Shop Miami for the install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbxWh9EiO0Q

That's all for now. I'll be out of town for the next few weeks and back in time to get a few bikes ready for Daytona. Hopefully I can post up some Daytona build threads, introduce a few new items, and come back with some hardware! Daytona we're coming strong.

The following 5 users liked this post by BaggerAudioLab:
Bunker (01-19-2017), FL15TG (01-24-2017), Moto Mike (01-19-2017), pglider (01-25-2017), Philokc (02-07-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 08:24 PM
jory434
Road Warrior
Received 474 Likes on 253 Posts

Thanks for the new info! This audio section of the forum is a constant evolution.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:42 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
Hey guys, been busy testing out new products. Here are some thoughts, vids, and pics!

Diamond Audio 800.4 Amplifier
Gotta thank No Cage Audio for sending me one of these to test out. I was excited to get my hands on one. Package and build quality on this amp is excellent. I first connected it to a 10 inch bid bass hoping to get blown away. Honest assessment - i was a bit unimpressed, same when I hooked it up to a set of 8's, even bridged. I then connected it to a set of component speakers and it sounded much better pushing 6.5's but I think if I was looking for an amp for a 4 speaker set up I'd grab the Arc Audio 600.4 first. I do see the benefits of using this amp when running fairing, then lowers and rear pods in parallel...you have more wiring options. In comparison I do like the sound of the Diamond Audio Micro4, just wish it had some more power behind it. Having said that, the below vids of the white bike are with the Diamond 800.4 and my friend said his bike was so loud going down the highway he had to turn it down. He previously had a PN4.1000D DS18 pro audio speakers and Kappas.

Next up was a set of DD Audio CC 6.5 components. The fit and finish for these was awesome. The tweeters come in a metal housing and screw on back that's missing from some of the other DD lines. Sound wise they had nice low end, and play pretty loud. Highs did break up just a tad when pushed too hard. A good EQ can fix this. I'd say these are very similar to the BT 7.1's with a tad warmer sound. They retail for 259.00 and I think that's a great target for what you get. Now before anyone asks, the AW's are on another level. I'll post some vids below so you guys can hear them.

My boy Brad Ball from The Cycle Lab in Mississippi recommended I try out the AD Design 6.5 speakers - AD CX62 2100 series. With a name like Cycle Lab I figure Brad and I must have similar taste. These speakers sound REALLY good. I'd say they are a baby version of the Focal KRC. They are crystal clear, with a good rich warm sound. Not a ton of bass, but a ton of clean warm volume. I'd run these in lowers and/or tour pack pods with some bass friendly speakers in the fairing and then these for some volume. What I thought was neat about these speakers is the video they have posted of them working while submerged under water. These retail for 279.00 and that's a fantastic price for a speaker with this level of sound quality. Oh and the tweeters pivot and they are "almost" shallow enough to drop in. Probably need a 1/4 inch spacer.

Here's a vid of them with the CC's in the fairing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClCW...k&spfreload=10

Here's a promo vid of theirs with the speakers playing in water!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6nOf2Lnzp0

Not too long ago I saw Garage Bagger Stereo post that they had used Tempesta 6.5 speakers on a build. Never heard of them? Well until last week, so I decided to try a set. These are pro audio speakers, slim fitting but still at tad bit too big to drop into rear pods. I think they are 2.36 deep. These things run around 40.00 a speaker and let me tell you they get LOUD. If you've ever consider running some pro audio speakers in your lowers but didn't want to spend some crazy cash to test them out. I would check these out. There's better pro audio speakers out there, and many that cost a bunch more, but no many that drop right in to a set of lowers. There's a vid below.

Same bike with the CC's in the fairing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xBKE86jzeA

Lastly we had a guy with a guy that was running Hertz SPL in the fairing with horns and had an HDP4 but wanted bass. He also REALLY wanted an Aquatic headunit. For those who say you can't get could sound quality from an aquatic...check out the vid below. We yanked the HDP4 out and replaced it with JL Audio amps, and slapped a 10 and an 8 in each bag. This thing screams now and you would never know by looking at the bike parked. Props go to my business partner Henry of Da Funk Shop Miami for the install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbxWh9EiO0Q

That's all for now. I'll be out of town for the next few weeks and back in time to get a few bikes ready for Daytona. Hopefully I can post up some Daytona build threads, introduce a few new items, and come back with some hardware! Daytona we're coming strong.
Haze,
Good to see some of these reviews and HONEST at that... Too many dealers try to "push" the new items as the latest and greatest.

I like seeing some of this "out of the box" stuff, new companies and even marine rated items.

This whole bike audio industry is going to get flipped upside down in the next few months.

Thanks of the info
Pete

Old 01-19-2017, 05:49 AM
billablehours
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the reviews Haze! Making amp choices easier.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:55 AM
flcusat
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Damm Bro, I was hoping to meet you this time around.
Oh well might be the next time.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Sturgis67
Road Master
Received 117 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks for all of the top quality information Haze. Always lisxten when you speak.
Looking up more information on the Tempesta speakers. Are they the TPT-MB6 Slim model that I found here?
http://tempestaloudspeakers.com/en/products/

Where can we purchase these? can we get them through you?

Thanks dude!

Old 01-20-2017, 04:25 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sturgis67
Thanks for all of the top quality information Haze. Always lisxten when you speak.
Looking up more information on the Tempesta speakers. Are they the TPT-MB6 Slim model that I found here?
http://tempestaloudspeakers.com/en/products/

Where can we purchase these? can we get them through you?

Thanks dude!
I'm a bit curious too. I fired off an email note to Tempesta. We shall see ???

Old 01-20-2017, 04:34 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned

Guys I have a case of them!

Shoot me a PM and let me know what you guys are after sound wise. These bad boys aren't bad but please note that they are budget speakers that sound pretty good, but by comparison top of the line Hertz SPL SV 165 are 300 bucks for the pair. So manage your expectations before going off on a wild goose chase.

Last edited by BaggerAudioLab; 01-20-2017 at 04:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
pglider (01-25-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 04:42 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

It is nice to see the variety becoming available to those whom don't know what, where, and how to buy sound components that are not on the forum or facebook mainstream. I see this as the tip of the iceberg with much more to come. Now if I only knew where the deals on the Stinger 9000 are, as it will be a cold day in hell before I but 5 pairs of interconnects at the lowest price I saw them at.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:08 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned

Originally Posted by slyedog
It is nice to see the variety becoming available to those whom don't know what, where, and how to buy sound components that are not on the forum or facebook mainstream. I see this as the tip of the iceberg with much more to come. Now if I only knew where the deals on the Stinger 9000 are, as it will be a cold day in hell before I but 5 pairs of interconnects at the lowest price I saw them at.
You know it brother!!! I have a line up of things to test or have tested and hopefully will roll out soon. I'll see what the price is on those 9000's for you.

Quick Reply: Review / Vids - Some New Products