Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comparing DD AW SERIES TO THE CC SERIES

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 12:12 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 386 Posts
Default Comparing DD AW SERIES TO THE CC SERIES

I have been sitting in the back row for a while reading all the great reviews of the AW series of DIGITAL DESIGN speakers with different tweeters.
It sounds like everyone is liking this new find.
My question is has anyone had the chance to compare the AW SERIES to the CC 6.5 component set up?
From the specs that DD has listed the only difference between the two is the wattage handling of the AW is higher and the high frequency is a little higher on the CC SERIES.

So what I am asking would the CC SERIES be a good mid range price component set up for the budget minded that can't afford $300 msrp for a set of AW mid woofer drivers and another $170ish depending on tweeters/horns for highs compared to $260 msrp For a complete mid woofer tweeter and crossover set up of the CC series?

Old 01-31-2017, 12:22 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Review and vids here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...-products.html

The CC's are great for the price and compare well vs any speaker in its price range -- I liked them and will use them on budget focused builds. But to be clear they are NO WHERE near the caliber of the AW's....different category and price point.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:34 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks for the link of the review and the time to check out the equipment you tested.
I must of missed that post as my schedule has keep me away from the forum and when I do have a few free moments I am lucky to get off the first page of new posts.

I wish I had the resources to try out the different combinations as some of the others on the forum are able to do.
Thank you for the response BAL

Old 01-31-2017, 12:49 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

I'm out of town now but tested a bunch of things while I was home. Should have a batch of things I liked waiting for me when I get back in a few weeks. Will roll out more new items to the forum once I can test different combos. Lots of cool stuff coming soon. I can't wait to get home. I can't wait for Daytona.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:25 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Baby boy, the one thing to consider with the CCs is the crossover. For the budget minded 13 down sled operators this is a killer set up as the crossover is not going to be a problem. I suspect Bagger Audio Lab is going to conduct a bunch more fitment, install, and sound testing before rolling these out with clear specifics re what fits where and how. The 14 plus guys will have to dump the fairing pods which hits the wallet pretty hard for the budget build but worth it for the sound.
I tested these CCs along side other components in the exact same tier and they were very damn good!!!! Without question superior in that tier.

Time will tell with the CCs but one thing for sure is that Bagger Audio Lab is gonna test the hell out of everything they carry before rolling in hot on building custom audio for others. In a few weeks all of this detailed testing is certain to hit hard when he returns to the mothership.

I think ur gut is right bro, these speaks perform damn well.

T.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:31 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Baby boy, the one thing to consider with the CCs is the crossover. For the budget minded 13 down sled operators this is a killer set up as the crossover is not going to be a problem. I suspect Bagger Audio Lab is going to conduct a bunch more fitment, install, and sound testing before rolling these out with clear specifics re what fits where and how. The 14 plus guys will have to dump the fairing pods which hits the wallet pretty hard for the budget build but worth it for the sound.
I tested these CCs along side other components in the exact same tier and they were very damn good!!!! Without question superior in that tier.

Time will tell with the CCs but one thing for sure is that Bagger Audio Lab is gonna test the hell out of everything they carry before rolling in hot on building custom audio for others. In a few weeks all of this detailed testing is certain to hit hard when he returns to the mothership.

I think ur gut is right bro, these speaks perform damn well.

T.
So if I read this correctly im
getting that the crossovers are a little on the larger side and they like going commando compared to being locked up in the tighty whities.
Thanks for the input T