Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSP and stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 01:33 PM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default DSP and stuff?

ok .i am relatively new to this audio stuff,but i am switching my original stuff i started with BT 4180,Krc 165,to the now popular DD aw 6.5 and t28 tweeters, and pioneer 6900 in lids,now i am not made of money so i hope this is it ,but now the talk of DSP and such,so what does this all entails,and whats the cost of this roughly going to be,and is this going to stop the need for replacing the 6.5 head unit or does it just keep on going,sorry for dumb questions ,just trying to grasp all this,thanks

Old 01-31-2017, 03:50 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

It just keeps on going. That's why we have this forum...so that all of us can spend our hard earned money together.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:01 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Hey Bobby Joe,

Your good buddy, what you have will be the last upgrade you will need

...Hold on...the phone is ringing...it's Haze...can you believe it...he has found a new set of speakers that will blow everything else away...no...no he cannot say what they are...YET

Crap...here we go again!!!

Just Kidding about Haze...not kidding about this Sled Stereo Merry-go-Round

We need to get a call center and help line setup

Last edited by CVOJOE; 01-31-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:22 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

On a more serious note:

Any audio upgrade to a Harley Davidson will have a weak Link: The Factory Radio

That being said, there are many folks in Motorcycle Audio Competitions who've done well, running the 6.5 Boom Box, but not without a lot of "flash" experimentation, additional sound processing hardware, good speakers and some luck.

Harley's software and various audio flashes have really made it complicated to properly tune aftermarket amplifiers & speakers to their head unit.

The BT355 Line Levelers were a break-through in making aftermarket components work with the stock head unit without having the dealer try different "flashes", but they aren't perfect.

Also, finding the right speakers to get the most out of the Line Levelers has also proven to be a little challenging. The DD AW speakers are a great solution and will get you very close to the optimum tuning.

A DSP (digital sound processor) is just another step towards Utopia. It will give you much more control of the particular "sound" your looking for, as opposed to the "Bass" & "Treble" functions on the Boom Box. However, it may or may not be something you need, in order to get your system sounding like you want it to.

Just in case it is the cure-all, you may want to begin stuffing a few extra bucks in you Piggy Bank every payday.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:27 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

The brakes are pumped currently on the dsp. First the unit that will be used is not available quite yet to the public. Second the OEM integration is still getting fine tuned. About ready. With Haze out for next month or so, and my bike torn down still for winter mods, it will be end of February before any true feedback will come. I can say on the bench it works perfectly. Now for the 6.5 unit, Haze will have to get there when he returns as I do not have a Rushmore bike and can't test that portion. However when it does get done we will let everyone know. If one simply cannot wait you can get other units in a much larger form factor that will work , just must buy one that has the input summing for OEM integration. I personally would wait the short time to get the new one to be released and hit market. Again it will be known to all when that time comes.

The following 2 users liked this post by slyedog:
FL15TG (01-31-2017), WestTexasRanger (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 04:41 PM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good stuff guys,keep it coming,my bike is tore up from one end to the other so no hurry here,plus i live in iowa

Old 01-31-2017, 04:56 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

Originally Posted by CVOJOE
Hey Bobby Joe,

Your good buddy, what you have will be the last upgrade you will need

...Hold on...the phone is ringing...it's Haze...can you believe it...he has found a new set of speakers that will blow everything else away...no...no he cannot say what they are...YET

Crap...here we go again!!!

Just Kidding about Haze...not kidding about this Sled Stereo Merry-go-Round

We need to get a call center and help line setup
I found a National Hot Line for Stereo Addicts but when I called the number, they answered with: "Bagger Audio Labs". I guess I need to find the number for Stereo Addicts Anonymous.

The following users liked this post:
CVOJOE (02-01-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 05:20 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger
I found a National Hot Line for Stereo Addicts but when I called the number, they answered with: "Bagger Audio Labs". I guess I need to find the number for Stereo Addicts Anonymous.
LOL... It's the addiction you don't wanna kick!

Old 01-31-2017, 05:56 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbyjoes
Good stuff guys,keep it coming,my bike is tore up from one end to the other so no hurry here,plus i live in iowa
Where in this lovely Midwestern bliss are ya? I may be close by?

Old 01-31-2017, 06:12 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

There's lots of DSP's already out that are small and people are using -- JL Twk88 and DD DSI.

Quick Reply: DSP and stuff?