Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phone isn't pairing

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 06:03 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Phone isn't pairing

Local indy disconnected radio power over the weekend so I had to reset all my settings. For years now my phone would auto-pair, but no longer. iPhone 6 and a Sony MEX series head unit. I now have to manually forget the device in settings on my phone, then re-pair again. If I shut down, the next time the key is on the phone won't connect/recognize the Sony I just previously added prior to turning it off. Any ideas? I've followed pairing directions several times already.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:28 AM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by just plain john
Local indy disconnected radio power over the weekend so I had to reset all my settings. For years now my phone would auto-pair, but no longer. iPhone 6 and a Sony MEX series head unit. I now have to manually forget the device in settings on my phone, then re-pair again. If I shut down, the next time the key is on the phone won't connect/recognize the Sony I just previously added prior to turning it off. Any ideas? I've followed pairing directions several times already.
Does it retain all it's other settings and radio memories?

Old 02-14-2017, 02:47 PM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

After resetting my clock, sound settings, etc it retains it but won't pair up

Old 02-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain

Give this a try buddy. Go into your Bluetooth settings on both devices and delete each device from the list. In other words go to your phone Bluetooth and delete the radio from its history of devices and then go to your radio Bluetooth and delete the phone from its history of devices then turn off your Bluetooth on the phone and turn off the Bluetooth on your radio. At this point I usually reset both the radio and the phone by powering them down. Now turn them back on, turn on the Bluetooth to each and re-pair them as if they were brand new devices. This resets the Bluetooth stack settinging for each device and usually works for me.
-FW

Old 02-20-2017, 06:07 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

If I am able to access the bluetooth function on the radio and see the phone connection in the history I am unaware about how to do that.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:06 AM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm having the same issues .... had go to settings -general-reset-reset network settings- than re-pair phone and radio....my radio and phone even said they recognized each other but no sound until i did this

Last edited by mslater741; 02-21-2017 at 06:08 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:55 AM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mslater741
I'm having the same issues .... had go to settings -general-reset-reset network settings- than re-pair phone and radio....my radio and phone even said they recognized each other but no sound until i did this
There you go. That's how you reset the Bluetooth stack on that radio. Do this and turn the Bluetooth off and then back on again and then re-pair the two and you should be fine. Good luck!

Old 02-22-2017, 04:00 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

Nope, didn't help.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:38 AM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain

Originally Posted by just plain john
Nope, didn't help.
Just to be sure. If you 1)deleted the radio from the phone's Bluetooth device history and then 2)deleted the phone for the radios Bluetooth device history and then 3)turned the Bluetooth off on both of them. Then 4)turned both units completely off. Then 5)turned both units back on and 6)turned on Bluetooth to both and 7)had one discover the other and it didn't work I only have one more suggestion. Repeat steps 1-6. When you get to 7 reverse the order. In other words if you had the radio search for the phone the first time and it didn't work then let the phone search for the radio this time. It's always worked for me in the past.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

No, I missed the step to remove the phone from the radios history. I removed the radio from the phones history. I am unaware that I can see the radio history, didn't see it mentioned in the manual. How do I do that?

Quick Reply: Phone isn't pairing