Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bars and Tunes Upgrade Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:00 AM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 505 Likes on 407 Posts
Default Bars and Tunes Upgrade Project

So I decided to tackle putting on new bars and upgrading my tunes. Just bought my first bike this summer. Thanks to everyone on here, I was able to figure out how to install and what upgrades to get for stereo. Thanks to Slyedog for the Hertz's.

I installed some 10" LA Choppers, Aquatic H/U, Hertz HSK 165XL, Pioneer Pro's and a Soundstream PN4.520. Also installing HaloDaymaker, LED passing lights and LED turn signals.

Still trying to get system tuned in correctly. Hopefully get it out on the road this weekend for a test run.

A little video clip of bike in garage and me walked to the road and still hear it pretty good .

Attached Thumbnails Bars and Tunes Upgrade Project-img_2353.jpg   Bars and Tunes Upgrade Project-img_2398.jpg   Bars and Tunes Upgrade Project-img_2400.jpg   Bars and Tunes Upgrade Project-img_2417.jpg   Bars and Tunes Upgrade Project-img_2438.jpg  

Bars and Tunes Upgrade Project-img_2453.jpg   Bars and Tunes Upgrade Project-img_2454.jpg   Bars and Tunes Upgrade Project-img_2455.jpg   Bars and Tunes Upgrade Project-img_2561.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mov
XKZQ3177.MOV (2.21 MB, 61 views)
Old 02-17-2017, 05:34 PM
Ecolesh1166
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool man, congrats on your first bike and also your ability to do your own install work. I wish I had the courage and also the time to do some of my own mods and maintenance; unfortunaley I am one of those guys who keep the Harley mechanics busy during the winter 😊

Old 02-17-2017, 05:47 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecolesh1166
Cool man, congrats on your first bike and also your ability to do your own install work. I wish I had the courage and also the time to do some of my own mods and maintenance; unfortunaley I am one of those guys who keep the Harley mechanics busy during the winter 😊
I was a bit intimidated by installing my own set of bars the first time but the $1k for labor that the dealer wanted pushed me to try. I have done 2 sets since then and have to say that it isn't that bad if I can do it. The audio is much easier and YouTube is your friend when doing pretty much anything on a harley. The satisfaction of doing it yourself along with the coin in your pocket is unbeatable.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:46 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Looks good man. Bars are a pain but if you take your time are well worth doing yourself. Enjoy the new bars and the new tunes!!

Old 02-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by cshocker
So I decided to tackle putting on new bars and upgrading my tunes. Just bought my first bike this summer. Thanks to everyone on here, I was able to figure out how to install and what upgrades to get for stereo. Thanks to Slyedog for the Hertz's.

I installed some 10" LA Choppers, Aquatic H/U, Hertz HSK 165XL, Pioneer Pro's and a Soundstream PN4.520. Also installing HaloDaymaker, LED passing lights and LED turn signals.

Still trying to get system tuned in correctly. Hopefully get it out on the road this weekend for a test run.

A little video clip of bike in garage and me walked to the road and still hear it pretty good .
Nicely done looks good. Like the fairing bracket repairs also.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:16 AM
Blacklimited
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cshocker

everything looks awesome. I am currently installing the same amp in my bike and I'm wondering how to you got it to fit there between the braces? Is the bike still apart to maybe take a few more amp pics?

Old 02-20-2017, 10:40 AM
cshocker
Road Warrior

It's all back together. I cut off most of the zip ties holding all other wires so I could move them around some. Mine is 2009. Just have to push the amp back as far as you can, but still be able to have the speaker wire inputs NOT crushed by the bracket. The amp sits at an angle because the bracket is higher than the H/U. I just used some velcroe on top of H/U and some zip ties.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:11 PM
Bigswann
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you use the adapter for the back speakers? How well did the pioneers fit in the back?

Old 02-22-2017, 03:28 PM
coma
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

****! look at all those wires! Damn Son!!! I guess that's why touring bikes need a fairing!

Old 02-23-2017, 07:48 AM
cshocker
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bigswann
Did you use the adapter for the back speakers? How well did the pioneers fit in the back?

No adapter needed. I have aftermarket lids. I did notice there are some gaps that I may seal up with some silicone.

Quick Reply: Bars and Tunes Upgrade Project