Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Input Appreciated on Stereo Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 09:15 PM
gomattgo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input Appreciated on Stereo Upgrade

Hi, I have a 2016 Road Glide Ultra CVO with a stock audio system that includes a stage 1 amplifier powering speakers in the fairing and tour pack. I want to upgrade the system and would like input into which configuration will provide the best sound quality and volume. If I've missed a configuration that may work better please give me that feedback. What I would really like is 8 stage 2 speakers but it seems way too costly for the benefit and I'm not sure the power delivery system can handle it. Thanks so much for any input.

Configuration 1: Replace current configuration with stage 2 components giving me 4 speakers at a higher output/speaker.

Configuration 2: Add a stage 1 amplifier powering stage 1 lower fairing speakers and stage 1 saddle bag speakers. This would not increase my power output/speaker but bring the total to 8 speakers.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:23 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

For the money of the Boom stuff you can do a lot better with aftermarket and leave some money in your wallet.

Give these guys a budget ro run with and they'll take care of ya.

The following users liked this post:
gomattgo (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 09:44 PM
gomattgo
2nd Gear

Thanks Matt76cmich, so.... I suppose my next question is where do I look for the better aftermarket products?

Old 02-21-2017, 09:50 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 203 Likes on 165 Posts

Matt, I ran the 2 amp, 8 speaker Stage 1 setup for a year. Its now sitting on my workbench collecting dust. I know you forked over a ton of money for your bike and its seems absurd to yank out the speaker and amps that you paid for but you will be far ahead of the game if you listen to the guys here on the direction to go. You will get far more bang for your buck. For the money you will spend putting more Boom equipment into your bike you can run aftermarket and still have money to buy mamabear something nice. If you're dead set on Boom, PM me and I'll give you a smokin deal on the paperweights on my workbench but even the guy selling the stuff is telling you to not buy it...that should say something.

look for alex@baggeraudiolab.com and he will set you up.

Last edited by cpbedor; 02-21-2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: add
gomattgo (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 09:54 PM
gomattgo
2nd Gear
Default Def open to options

Hey I'm definitely open to other options, especially for less $! I'm not sure of the rules of engagement on here so can I just ask for recommendations on components or do I need to PM that?

Old 02-21-2017, 09:57 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior

email Alex. There will be a few others here that will offer recommendations and some input but generally speaking, all roads lead back to BAL

gomattgo (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 10:03 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

First things first, budget. That will determine what to suggest. Will the budget include the possible lids or lowers that would need to be installed?, where do you want speakers?, are you a back road or highway rider?

Answer those questions and it'll get the ball rolling. If you get a chance fo through the video sticky to get a rough idea of what to expect, but keep in mind they are cell phone videos and ear phones/buds are preferred.

Hot fairing setup is the DD AW6.5s with either T2, B30, or AT28 tweeters. Check ot Bagger Audio Labs thread on the best fairing setup (i think thats what it was called), great knowledgeable guy.

Found it:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...omponents.html

I wanna say its post 64 of Tailwinds outside fairing only video, definitely check that out.

Last edited by matt76cmich; 02-21-2017 at 10:06 PM.
gomattgo (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 10:14 PM
gomattgo
2nd Gear
Default Particulars

I'd say 5k is about the max i'm willing to spend and would need to include everything, even new lids, etc. I ride both back road and highway from 40mph to 90mph just depending on where I am. I typically like to turn up the tunes, lay back, and just ride. Music is very important, it relaxes me so I'm willing to spend a little cash on it. I hope this helps.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:16 PM
gomattgo
2nd Gear
Default Alex

I will shoot Alex an email, thanks so much for taking the time to provide me some help!

Old 02-21-2017, 10:22 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior

5K? you're gonna have ALOT of cash left over and a ruthless stereo on top of it.

gomattgo (02-21-2017)

Quick Reply: Input Appreciated on Stereo Upgrade