Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your next upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 12:48 PM
black01
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

A DSP is next on my list. Then maybe something in the bags. I'm super happy with my DD AW/AT setup, but I think the DSP will make it even better.
I made some guys sad Saturday. They were proud of their newly installed Stage two Boom audio.

Last edited by black01; 02-23-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:49 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Earbuds

Old 02-23-2017, 01:22 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Earbuds
Hahaha

Old 02-23-2017, 08:50 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbedor
I had a plan but my new plan is to just follow closely behind pdevore while riding and pick up any audio equipment that vibrates off his bike and put it on mine. Then for my upgrades, I will wait for Pete to get sick of his first DSP and buys an even SMALLER one and then I will install his old one that is 8% larger than his new small one.
Dang Bro,
I see how it is....
Too bad my build is kinda on hold until the stupid little DSP is released.
Lowers came in and are getting mocked up now before going to paint.

Pete

Old 02-24-2017, 10:16 AM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Right on!!!! Ain't seen any FW vids!!!!! WTH!!!!

Just sayin!!!!

T
Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
No peaking.....oh and btw, when are we gonna do your bike man?? That's the title of this thread! The next upgrade.
I know. I know. I'm guilty of "STILL" planning. I was hoping to find a used set of 14&up lowers and cvo boom speaker lids on the cheap (preferably charcoal pearl) but I'm just going to go ahead and order em. I also haven't ordered line levelers yet. I am anxiously awaiting the Bluetooth controlled DSPs. I like this one:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/dsr1

If it will CANBUS into the Infotainment system and we can get maestro datalink integration... We'll be in high cotton. I hate to spend the money on line levelers just to throw em away if these things are ready by the time all my other parts come in.

This is where I'm at:

Keep in mind I like to hide the secret sauce so I'm hiding everything behind factory CVO grills to keep em guessing. All amps in the fairing.

Parts:
- Biketronics pod eliminators
- Dynamatted outer
- Biketronics 4180 (uppers/lowers)
- JL Audio MHX280/4 (lids)
- Maybe 2nd JL Audio MHX280/4 (If I need to add 8's or a set of Arc Moto 692's for bass)
- Line levelers (preferably a DSP)
- Stinger RCAs
- Harley BOOM saddlebag lids and grills with quick disconnects
- 6x9 adapters (I'm waiting on Springer's review of the American Hard bag version)
- Biketronics invisible Hogtenna
- Hydrophobic cloth on everything
- Antenna splitter cable
- Joe Chameleon leds w/ Bluetooth

Upper faring:
DD AW6.5's with AT28's
I'm going to mount the tweeter suspended behind the CVO grills like the Biketronics 7.1 pros do

Lower faring:
DD AW6.5's (a Digital Designs tweeter). Tweet choice is gonna depend on what we decide I can best hide behind that CVO lower grill. I'm going to make a mount that bends upwards towards the grill so that the tweet mounts against the grill further from the speakers excursion. I've got Titan II's that could go there if we can't get the tweet back there behind the grill but if one set of AW's sound that good 2 will sound even better right!

Saddlebags:
Biketronics 6x9's with bridge mounted tweets. JL amp mounted on the BT brackets. I know these are not everybody's choice but Gann says they really pound if they get enough power and I have to have a sealed cone. The stuff I have in my saddlebags sometimes for work cannot get wet and T's buddy says it's always as dry as a popcorn fart in his bag with these. It wouldn't just be drying out some jeans. It would be game over if these things get wet so I'm erring on the side of caution. If there isn't enough bass I could add a 2nd JL amp to the other bracket and run a set of Arc Moto 692's or an 8 inside the bags. I'm gonna use these 5x7 to 6x9 converters if Springer gives them the ok.

https://www.americanhardbag.com/prod...y-speaker-lids

Antenna:
Antenna splitter cable to invisible antenna and factory antenna to zipped to frame.

That's where I'm at right now what do you think?

Full disclosure: I got pretty amped just typing that up!

T.. You and Haze will be getting lots of vids when I start trying to tune that JL lol!

Alright... Throat punch away!!!

-FW

Old 02-24-2017, 11:05 AM
Kave Dweller
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatherwayne
I know. I know. I'm guilty of "STILL" planning. I was hoping to find a used set of 14&up lowers and cvo boom speaker lids on the cheap (preferably charcoal pearl) but I'm just going to go ahead and order em. I also haven't ordered line levelers yet. I am anxiously awaiting the Bluetooth controlled DSPs. I like this one:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/dsr1

If it will CANBUS into the Infotainment system and we can get maestro datalink integration... We'll be in high cotton. I hate to spend the money on line levelers just to throw em away if these things are ready by the time all my other parts come in.

This is where I'm at:

Keep in mind I like to hide the secret sauce so I'm hiding everything behind factory CVO grills to keep em guessing. All amps in the fairing.

Parts:
- Biketronics pod eliminators
- Dynamatted outer
- Biketronics 4180 (uppers/lowers)
- JL Audio MHX280/4 (lids)
- Maybe 2nd JL Audio MHX280/4 (If I need to add 8's or a set of Arc Moto 692's for bass)
- Line levelers (preferably a DSP)
- Stinger RCAs
- Harley BOOM saddlebag lids and grills with quick disconnects
- 6x9 adapters (I'm waiting on Springer's review of the American Hard bag version)
- Biketronics invisible Hogtenna
- Hydrophobic cloth on everything
- Antenna splitter cable
- Joe Chameleon leds w/ Bluetooth

Upper faring:
DD AW6.5's with AT28's
I'm going to mount the tweeter suspended behind the CVO grills like the Biketronics 7.1 pros do

Lower faring:
DD AW6.5's (a Digital Designs tweeter). Tweet choice is gonna depend on what we decide I can best hide behind that CVO lower grill. I'm going to make a mount that bends upwards towards the grill so that the tweet mounts against the grill further from the speakers excursion. I've got Titan II's that could go there if we can't get the tweet back there behind the grill but if one set of AW's sound that good 2 will sound even better right!

Saddlebags:
Biketronics 6x9's with bridge mounted tweets. JL amp mounted on the BT brackets. I know these are not everybody's choice but Gann says they really pound if they get enough power and I have to have a sealed cone. The stuff I have in my saddlebags sometimes for work cannot get wet and T's buddy says it's always as dry as a popcorn fart in his bag with these. It wouldn't just be drying out some jeans. It would be game over if these things get wet so I'm erring on the side of caution. If there isn't enough bass I could add a 2nd JL amp to the other bracket and run a set of Arc Moto 692's or an 8 inside the bags. I'm gonna use these 5x7 to 6x9 converters if Springer gives them the ok.

https://www.americanhardbag.com/prod...y-speaker-lids

Antenna:
Antenna splitter cable to invisible antenna and factory antenna to zipped to frame.

That's where I'm at right now what do you think?

Full disclosure: I got pretty amped just typing that up!

T.. You and Haze will be getting lots of vids when I start trying to tune that JL lol!

Alright... Throat punch away!!!

-FW
Thats a lot of system!

Old 02-24-2017, 11:08 AM
Kave Dweller
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CVOJOE
I did my beta testing on the AW65's with a Micro2v2 (150 watts RMS) and they sounded absolutely terrific. The difference is that these speakers handle 150 watts + much better than the HAT's.

Those AW65 speakers and that BT 2180 will make you smile
I've tried a micro, don't think its 150watts.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:20 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

FW, the issue with waiting for the Fosgate is what if it sucks, ot the first batch is glitchy, does not work with the canbus system, or worse is delayed until Q4!!!

If I was designing this build I would reconsider the AW in the lowers (this coming from the guy who sells them!). To mount the tweeter how would you run the tweeter wires? My personal taste is a louder pro audio type speaker in that location. Something you can hear on the road. The BT 6X9 are awesome speakers. Make sure their tweeter bridge mounts when using an 5x7 to 6x9 adaptor.

So so when are we doing this!

Old 02-24-2017, 01:48 PM
09baggerdude
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
To mount the tweeter how would you run the tweeter wires?

So so when are we doing this!
There are grooves in the BT speaker adapters for the wire. I only know this because my led wires for my speakers run through them...lol

Old 02-24-2017, 06:30 PM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by black01
A DSP is next on my list. Then maybe something in the bags. I'm super happy with my DD AW/AT setup, but I think the DSP will make it even better.
I made some guys sad Saturday. They were proud of their newly installed Stage two Boom audio.
Lol, that's awesome!! Two of my local Harley dealers have respectfully asked me not to play mine for potential customers. They said it ruins their Boom sales, lol.

I'm wanting to get this outlaw engine in the new sled so I can get all of this comp audio haze forced me to buy finally installed.

The following users liked this post:
FL15TG (02-24-2017)

Quick Reply: What are your next upgrades?