Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plug and Play Systems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 12:51 PM
Spikehorn
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Plug and Play Systems?

Looking for some plug and play or something that can be wired up easily for an upgrade to a '15 street glide special.

Not looking to win any competitions, but would like better sound quality than the stock head unit and the boom upgraded speakers that I purchased.

I am somewhat electrically inclined when it comes to splicing wires together if I have some clear directions, but would rather have a plug and play system if possible.

Currently only have the speakers in the fairing, probably will be staying that way for a while.

Looking to be in the $800 to $1000 range or less.

Thanks for your help.

Old 02-23-2017, 03:24 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Spikehorn
Looking for some plug and play or something that can be wired up easily for an upgrade to a '15 street glide special.

Not looking to win any competitions, but would like better sound quality than the stock head unit and the boom upgraded speakers that I purchased.

I am somewhat electrically inclined when it comes to splicing wires together if I have some clear directions, but would rather have a plug and play system if possible.

Currently only have the speakers in the fairing, probably will be staying that way for a while.

Looking to be in the $800 to $1000 range or less.

Thanks for your help.
I would highly recommend that you reach out to Bagger Audio Lab here. It is not going to be plug and play, but you already said that you don't NEED it to be. For under $1,000 Haze can get you set up really nice with the ability to expand in the future.

Pete

Old 02-23-2017, 04:11 PM
Spikehorn
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll check them out, thanks!

Old 02-23-2017, 05:11 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

What exactly does plug and play mean?

T

Old 02-23-2017, 07:06 PM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
What exactly does plug and play mean?

T

Plug it in and play it.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Exactly!!!!

Will that fit in the fairing!

T

Old 02-23-2017, 07:23 PM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts

lol, that may be a tourpack install buddy

Old 02-23-2017, 07:24 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Come on T. I know that you know that I know you know what Plug-N-Play is.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:46 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
Come on T. I know that you know that I know you know what Plug-N-Play is.
I absolutely know that u know that I know that u know that I was that plug and play guy when I first showed up here on HDF!!!! Worst mistake I ever made was thinking I had to have a plug and play "system."

What I really should have wanted was a couple of harness that prevented me from cutting into a warrantied sled followed by some awesome audio components that either plugged in, butt connected with a simple crimper, or stuffed into the side of an amp or on a speaker lead and at half the cost of the shix I actually got but twice as good.

OP, u picking up what I'm laying down that we know that u know that you know how to connect a few wires and can acquire a couple of harnesses that plug into your sled enabling a blank slate for one hell of a custom system?

We know u know bro!!!!!

T.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:57 PM
Cheesehead_13
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I absolutely know that u know that I know that u know that I was that plug and play guy when I first showed up here on HDF!!!! Worst mistake I ever made was thinking I had to have a plug and play "system."

What I really should have wanted was a couple of harness that prevented me from cutting into a warrantied sled followed by some awesome audio components that either plugged in, butt connected with a simple crimper, or stuffed into the side of an amp or on a speaker lead and at half the cost of the shix I actually got but twice as good.

OP, u picking up what I'm laying down that we know that u know that you know how to connect a few wires and can acquire a couple of harnesses that plug into your sled enabling a blank slate for one hell of a custom system?

We know u know bro!!!!!

Lmao

Quick Reply: Plug and Play Systems?