Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does your system stack up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 12:19 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

At the Battle Creek, MI stop for the S.O.S. (Sound Off Series) series at Hot Rods and Handlebars. There are stops in Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Myrtle Beach. A lot of the big guys are starting off in Daytona at some of the sound offs.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:53 AM
Fatherwayne
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by uplandpinter
If we use this set up as a generic standard (for discussion purposes) and put it at the top of the 1 to 10 scale. Where would a more standard setup fall in place on the scale?

Such as one with.
A good quality HU
A pair of 6.5 DD and horns In fairing
6.5 in lowers
A set of Pioneer 6900 in lids
With amp/amps to run them.

Think were getting closer.
Brad
Honestly I think the answer is so subjective that it's not relevant. One man's 6 is another man's 3. Let's say I think all those things equal a 5... What does that mean except that I think it's a 5. I'm not being mean. I'm just saying it's all opinion.
-FW

Old 02-26-2017, 04:39 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

I would say only use a competition build as your benchmark if you are trying to build a competition build yourself. The challenge for many guys is they don't know what the finish line looks like and can only base what think will be "it" for them based on what they read here.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:27 AM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
I would say only use a competition build as your benchmark if you are trying to build a competition build yourself. The challenge for many guys is they don't know what the finish line looks like and can only base what think will be "it" for them based on what they read here.
Nicely put!

I've been to many Pro competitions. Simply put, setting a "bar/level" is not a simple thing. Like others have said it's too subjective. Everyone that enters the competitions do so because they think theirs is the best setup. But that's why there's only 1 winner. When this winner enters the next competition he may become the loser and so on.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:07 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Simple thing. A competition is not moving. They are tuned, set, and designed for just that. Not saying one cannot be ridden and enjoyed, BUT it will have different adjustment made from normal riding to competition day. IMO you either build a system for a rider or for the lot. The lot bike can be ridden, but at a sacrifice the daily didn't take. Also keep in mind some of these big dog competition bikes are urban ridden, big shop owned and or built, no budget, monsters. So unless you bring your A game and leave some expansion room, you better know how and what to maximize ever piece of the system to even make it worth the effort of trying to compete.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:20 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheesehead_13
Where?
Sounds like the HOTROD AND HANDLEBARS SHOW in Michigan

Old 02-26-2017, 01:04 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Simple thing. A competition is not moving. They are tuned, set, and designed for just that. Not saying one cannot be ridden and enjoyed, BUT it will have different adjustment made from normal riding to competition day. IMO you either build a system for a rider or for the lot. The lot bike can be ridden, but at a sacrifice the daily didn't take. Also keep in mind some of these big dog competition bikes are urban ridden, big shop owned and or built, no budget, monsters. So unless you bring your A game and leave some expansion room, you better know how and what to maximize ever piece of the system to even make it worth the effort of trying to compete.
^^^^^^
Great post!