Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar Retention Controls ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 12:01 PM
badazzpred
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Handlebar Retention Controls ?

Apparently out of all the different handlebar retention control kits out there available besides the BT module of course it seems the "GO TO" brand is the Metra Axxess ASWC-1 My ? is would I also need the Metra 78-9800 harness kit to go with the ASWC-1 as its plug and play with the ASWC-1 and then I only have to wire in just the radio side? Correct me if Im wrong please?

TIA

Old 03-27-2017, 07:00 PM
badazzpred
Road Warrior

Anyone?

Old 03-27-2017, 09:23 PM
paoloD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,692 Likes on 1,283 Posts

I'm going to buy the hash wired module tomorrow. If you can wait a day I can give you some feed back. From all the searching here the guys have nothing but positives to say about it. It's cheaper than the BT one and more expensive than the PAC or Metra module. It's supposed to be plug and play. I will get back to you.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:30 AM
badazzpred
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by paoloD
I'm going to buy the hash wired module tomorrow. If you can wait a day I can give you some feed back. From all the searching here the guys have nothing but positives to say about it. It's cheaper than the BT one and more expensive than the PAC or Metra module. It's supposed to be plug and play. I will get back to you.

Sounds good thanks looking forward to it! Never heard of the Hash module though?

Old 03-28-2017, 06:58 AM
paoloD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,692 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Originally Posted by badazzpred
Sounds good thanks looking forward to it! Never heard of the Hash module though?
Sorry I was using my phone. Stupid auto correct........should have been HAWG.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:34 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by paoloD
Sorry I was using my phone. Stupid auto correct........should have been HAWG.
im gonna be using the Metra kit, ill post how that works too, hope to have it installed this weekend

Old 03-28-2017, 11:53 AM
badazzpred
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by yooperhog
im gonna be using the Metra kit, ill post how that works too, hope to have it installed this weekend
Right on Thanks!!

Old 03-28-2017, 01:56 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Apparently out of all the different handlebar retention control kits out there available besides the BT module of course it seems the "GO TO" brand is the Metra Axxess ASWC-1 My ? is would I also need the Metra 78-9800 harness kit to go with the ASWC-1 as its plug and play with the ASWC-1 and then I only have to wire in just the radio side? Correct me if Im wrong please?

TIA
Have no idea what the Metra 78-9800 is. You would need the Metra 99-9600 along with the Metra Axxess ASWC-1 for you to be able to mount and wire up your HU. Everything you'll need to know about wiring it and programming it can be found here.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ute-guide.html

Old 03-28-2017, 02:28 PM
badazzpred
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SBates08
Have no idea what the Metra 78-9800 is. You would need the Metra 99-9600 along with the Metra Axxess ASWC-1 for you to be able to mount and wire up your HU. Everything you'll need to know about wiring it and programming it can be found here.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ute-guide.html
I called Metra and apparently its another wire harness that mates to the ASWC-1 unit so that it makes it all plug and play only thing left to wire up is the speaker terminals thats it. otherwise with just the ASWC-1 being its universal I would have to wire it all into the bike separately which I dont want to do. Also I am familiar with the 99-9600 radio mount kit but they just released for 2017 the new 99-9800 radio install kit which is pretty much the same as the 99-9600 but with a built in splash guard now! Pretty slick actually! Thanks for your help SBates.....................

Old 03-28-2017, 02:34 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

I called Metra and apparently its another wire harness that mates to the ASWC-1 unit so that it makes it all plug and play only thing left to wire up is the speaker terminals thats it. otherwise with just the ASWC-1 being its universal I would have to wire it all into the bike separately which I dont want to do. Also I am familiar with the 99-9600 radio mount kit but they just released for 2017 the new 99-9800 radio install kit which is pretty much the same as the 99-9600 but with a built in splash guard now! Pretty slick actually! Thanks for your help SBates.....................
You bet. Can't find anything online about either of those. Would like to see the new mount with splash guard.

Quick Reply: Handlebar Retention Controls ?