Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Amp will run 6 Speaker Set up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 PM
BschloSS
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Amp will run 6 Speaker Set up?

Im installing the Boom Audio Fairing Mount speakers and Saddle Bag Lid speakers, and the J/M Fairing Lower Speakers on my 08 Street Glide. What Amp should I go with? I'm being told by HD shop that the HD Boom Amp will NOT run 6 speakers and you can't have the fairing speakers ran from the radio. Do I need a second amp in the saddlebags? or is there another fairing amp that will run all of these?

And anyone know how to hook up the J/M Rocker speakers to the system? Do I need special connectors for one of the plugs/harnesses? They come with nothing.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:42 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

HD is nothing but parts installers and changers . How the heck do these guys think the CVOs are setup? Geez!

Run your rear speakers on the boom amp as you would normally. Then run your front speakers in series and connect to the boom amp. This will give you a 4 ohm load at the front but will without a doubt run your setup.

So basically what you'll do is this.

Plug the right frt speaker + wire from the amp into the fairing speaker. Plug your right frt speaker - wire to the right frt lower speaker + wire. Plug your right frt lower speaker - wire to the - wire coming from the amp.

Now repeat for the left side. This gives you a stable 4 ohm load at the front and your setup will sound purty darn good.

Harley does have a harness for the lowers that does the same as above but can't find the part # right now...

Old 12-01-2012, 07:15 PM
CLASSICRYDER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for one, i'd stay away from boom audio. you can do much better and a jl audio xd600 is a 6 channel amp and will rock your bike, also will fit under the fairing....

Old 12-01-2012, 07:18 PM
BschloSS
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if the dealer will be able to install the jl audio xd600 - and if it's plug/play....??

Old 12-02-2012, 06:28 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by BschloSS
I wonder if the dealer will be able to install the jl audio xd600 - and if it's plug/play....??
I'd be real surprised if your local HD shop will install these aftermarket amps unless you've got a good dealer which is a rare find these days. any car audio place will be able to install the amp without a problem. If you need the speaker wiring colors, let me know and I'll post them.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:33 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by CLASSICRYDER
for one, i'd stay away from boom audio. you can do much better and a jl audio xd600 is a 6 channel amp and will rock your bike, also will fit under the fairing....
+1 on the boom audio. good find CLASSICRYDER! Good specs, 6 channels stable at a 2 ohm load, and class D as well. Variable configuration options is good too.. certainly a viable option for our rides without breaking the bank. Do you have one of these installed? If so would be interested in how you feel it performs with your setup.